Pure Peregrines

jasper65

Hope you get your wish with them Tony, something I would love to try at some point is a longwing of some description, but only if my body and health problems will allow. Had a few lads down on some of my land who've flown longwings on Partridge and get told time and time again it's perfect for it, huge open fields with hedges bordering them and very few fences and power lines, one day, or at the worst trying to get someone to fly a good game bird (longwing) on the land.

Alex

Edited by AlBrown

• 4 weeks later...

Some very nice peregrines, your stock are some of the best to be found :thumbs:

Chris

nice one chris... Ditto :thumbs:

been a hard old season for me this year with the weather down here, it didn't just rain it was a wash out through june and july. noticed with some birds perhaps due to their saturation the sheafing on the tails didn't break down until very late, the Peregrines wasn't too bad but some of the Goshawks have suffered with poor tail feathers...

I still have some very late Peregrines on the ledge which are still a little way from penning, both the females look nice with one slightly larger than the other, the other is a tiercel. Don't know about you mate but one of the joys is watching them being reared although its always a risk, I let a couple go imprinted this year but the rest went back on the ledges....

how are you settling in the new place? spoke to you last year before a guy from from your old place picked the birds up to go out to hack. things went to plan last year breeding wise apart from a shed load of tiercels but this year has been hard woirk to get what I did :thumbs:....

Tony

Some very nice peregrines, your stock are some of the best to be found :thumbs:

Chris

nice one chris... Ditto :thumbs:

been a hard old season for me this year with the weather down here, it didn't just rain it was a wash out through june and july. noticed with some birds perhaps due to their saturation the sheafing on the tails didn't break down until very late, the Peregrines wasn't too bad but some of the Goshawks have suffered with poor tail feathers...

I still have some very late Peregrines on the ledge which are still a little way from penning, both the females look nice with one slightly larger than the other, the other is a tiercel. Don't know about you mate but one of the joys is watching them being reared although its always a risk, I let a couple go imprinted this year but the rest went back on the ledges....

how are you settling in the new place? spoke to you last year before a guy from from your old place picked the birds up to go out to hack. things went to plan last year breeding wise apart from a shed load of tiercels but this year has been hard woirk to get what I did :thumbs:....

Tony

Hi Tony, well we have a whole load of work to do over the next 6 months to get the place up to scratch before the next season, we ae ripping apart all the breeding chambers and making them right.

The weather has been crap as it has for you, the young gyr tails have suffered with some just wrecking them due to being wet 24 - 7.

I will have to add a tiercel and falcon from your lines to my collection soon, just love the shape of yours.

Hope you don't mind, here is a falcon from my lines this season.

Chris

post-74502-0-67702200-1343931406_thumb.jpg

cracking looking falcon Chris, a lovely formed bird if I have ever seen one...

I go through a good 100 shots searching for a shot like that but seldom get them :laugh:, that's one photogenic bird.

Get em up chris! I love seeing them and the different colouration and markings, them Fijian lines do it for me you have there! outstanding looking birds..

I was watching the thread you originally put up on the IFF "Don't You Just Love Peregrines", there was some belters went on there expecially at the beggining then for some reason some lads decided to put all sorts on there, the Pure strains in some of them pictures rocked my boat bigtime! certainly would have loved a few in my garden....

I'll pm you after this post :thumbs:....

Tony

Here's one taken chris of a bird while she was still on the ledge and another of a female taken just as she was brought in and Hooded again. christ this bird was the most foisty one caught up in a long time :laugh:...

Tony

post-251-0-60080500-1343991098_thumb.jpg

Here's one taken chris of a bird while she was still on the ledge and another of a female taken just as she was brought in and Hooded again. christ this bird was the most foisty one caught up in a long time :laugh:...

Tony

Lovely birds Tony, great wide shape : )

My love is for dark peregrines but I have to say I have developed a taste for all colours these days, I have 2 females from a pair at Bryn's place that are on the pale side, but this line tend to throw big tiercels and nice sized falcons too.

Chris

Edited by Blackfalcon