Cocker Spaniels

For those of you out there that train spaniels how would you recommend training a Cocker?

I am looking to train as a gundog on shoots retrieving but will also be using it below my hawks and falcons in the hawking season...what are your views?

ATB Jen

For those of you out there that train spaniels how would you recommend training a Cocker?

I am looking to train as a gundog on shoots retrieving but will also be using it below my hawks and falcons in the hawking season...what are your views?

ATB Jen

stoping them is the thing if you can do that your on the way keep it round your feet when shooting i keep mine close and let him work to 20 25 feet no more unless he on a lost bird

• 4 weeks later...

Getting the pup used to the birds from day one is going to be the most important thing by far. Then when it has grown up and matured slightly I will concerntrate on getting the retrieving and stop command perfect to ensure perfect control as well as encouraging her to stay close.

ATB Jen