Well said Shay mate :thumbs:

As Shay said Wirral, we are not here to get at you and make fun of you pal.

We just don’t want new shooters thinking that what you do is the normal thing to try and do with a air rifle.

Regarding quality of shots in this section, you wont find another forum or section with the quality of proven (via camera and video camera) shots than you find here pal.

The regulars in this section are very very good at what they do and if you take the time out to read their posts and watch their amazing proven footage you too may even learn something new mate :thumbs:

I learn something every day from the lads in here and im no Noob to hunting with an air rifle either.

Best wishes and no hard feelings pal

Si

Edited by zini

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wirral,   There is years of shooting ability on this site not just paper shooters from clubs, but true hunters alike mate. Join us more on here pal and get to know us better buddy.   To shoot a li

the man behind the gun is the difference,you can buy as many fancy rifles as you like,scopes etc,but you can either shoot or you can't,lots of people on here come out with me and I don't consider anything I do to be unusual or exagerated.LOL.I was telling the lad that came with me last week about your odd reaction and he just laughed,don't worry I won't cramp your style or rep on here as it seems a tight little club,by the way my mate thought I was being reserved about the distance so when I do my weekly visit to this particular farm I will measure it just to satisfy myself,next you'll be telling me I can't shoot flying birds,LOL's.by the way I shoot my rimfire open sited as well and can kill at some very good distances,expand your skills boys and don't be governed by your own lack of confidence,anyone can shoot close up,the skilled shot can shoot at any distance that their particular gun can cope with efficiently,get out the gun club and in the field were it counts,sorry lads but reallity hurts,get some in your lives,there's plenty of gun club shooter's about,wirralman

hi ya buddy

sorry mate but i do shoot the field too as i own rimmy's and c/f as well so please dont take a snap at me as we all said and if you want to then fare enough but when it comes to shooting i use alsorts of gun so put your dummy back in and enjoy the site if not then its upto you matey but there are a few of us on here that shoot for a living like me and i have never been to a club to punch paper and have nothing againest people that do shoot at clubs and yes i would say that we have some very nice regs on here that show newbies the right way and keep them away from people that shoot 10flbs murcury's with dodgy triggers at 50yrds so the truth hurts dont it but when you wake up you can always put your slippers back on

shay

Wirral, it's like I said, there are a lot of folks reading these threads who are new to shooting and seeing someone claiming to be able to do the seemingly impossible only gives the wrong idea.

We don't all have your own god like ability to make a silk purse from a turd I'm afraid, so I'll just have to keep plugging blindly away missing stuff at close range. If you really can do what you claim then prove it. :thumbs:

Maybe you did once or twice pull off one of the miricles you claim but how many times have you missed or wounded?? I really do not care about your ego, just keep it real, please?

Cheers.

PS.... Who do you take out with you that's from here? Maybe they could back up your claims??

Edited by andyfr1968

One more thing..... It is not, as you put it a 'tight little club', if you look back and read some of the posts by the newer members you'll see all are welcomed with open arms.

It's only when someone comes on and starts spouting shite that they get a bad reception.... Not pointing any fingers here. :whistling:

Wanting something to be true is not the same as it really being true...

Cheers.

Edited by andyfr1968

well what can i say.

im a young man with 20/20 vision.

as said be for put a 2p out and then walk 40 -50 meters away and theres no chance that i can see it never mind hit it..

mate if you can do it prove it, personal i dont think you can just because of the above point.

would love to see it.

Andy

what small minded people we have on this particular site,and it seems some very poor shots,Ive been back to the farm this week and and done "apparently" some more impossible shots,my brother and cousin whom I shoot around the farms with can't believe that you people consider a range like that unusuall,after having a good laugh we set up a few targets to test your suggestions,my brother and cousin both use airsporter's by the way,none of us had any problems hitting coke cans on end regularly up to 75yds,all I can say again is if you can't shoot targets at that range then I can see why such poor shots only take easy close ones,by the way my brother is a magistrate and so is as good a witness as you can get and really can't see why you see it as hard to do,wirralman

Wirral,

There is years of shooting ability on this site not just paper shooters from clubs, but true hunters alike mate. Join us more on here pal and get to know us better buddy.

To shoot a live animal you need to be able to shoot a 2p piece, which is 25 mm in diameter (a kill zone). This enables you to hit either the brain, heart or neck to just about guarantee a humane kill every time mate and be fair to the animal we are shooting.

If you cant do that then you shouldn’t be attempting the shot as you will most probably wound the animal which is not what we want to broadcast to new shooters on here mate.

I’m being honest with you now mate, I have taken shots at long ranges as have other if we all are honest, but have videoed them for the regulars on here. I even show a laser range finder before the shot or zoom in to prove the distance mate. There are also my videos on You Tube (search for Zinaroon on You tube) and you will see them mate.

On some occasions these shots are well above my guaranteed kill zone accuracy of putting 3 pellets into a 25 mm kill zone consistently, but these are shots with a high powered quality scope, a top of the range PCP or spring piston rifle and on a windless day, when im feeling confident and shooting well. I also know that due to the position of the animal I would either get a humane kill or I would miss completely pal so go for the shot.

I’m afraid with a BSA Mercury and open sites this cannot be done time and time again when zeroed at say 30 metres, where you need to apply hold over every shot and you don’t have any reference point to go off on the open sight.

If you really believe that you can then please come back to me as I work for a man part time called Nigel Allen and do articles and videos for him on hunting and shooting. He is the editor of a famous air gun magazine in the UK and also runs Air Gun TV on You Tube. A really nice man that is always looking for new talent and especially people who can shoot a springer well.

I would gladly introduce you to him mate and you can lay your claim to him on a proper recorded TV article recorded professionally by Nigel and his team.

Im not saying you are not a good shot mate, you probably are very good, Im just saying what you are claiming with a old BSA Mercury and open sights I know you can’t do consistently bud and if you were to be honest you know that too.

Shooting a 75 yard coke can is a lot different to shooting a 50 yard 25 mm kill zone with open sights mate.

About 2 months ago I made a video where I was shooting my springer at a lased 100 metres and shooting plastic life size animals with a high power scope. I managed it and still was hitting the targets with 5 FP ish at 100 metres which was enough to kill a bunny, but couldn’t place the shot in the kill zone every time, infact I didn’t hit a KZ at all. I actually hit the targets all over proving to me that what some had claimed wasn’t really true mate and I would of wounded the animal.

Shooting a Mercury with open sights at 50 – 55 yards and hitting a 25 mm KZ will probably equate to me shooting my rifle and scope at 100 metres buddy.

Regarding lads on here being poor shots, I am over in the UK next month buddy and would willingly come and visit you if the offer is there and have a little shooting session with you pal on your farm if that s ok?

Ill bring one of my springers with me and leave the PCPs at home and ill show you what im capable of doing with it buddy.

I can’t hit 75 yard kill zones granted every time mate, but a 55 metre rabbit or pigeon isn’t a problem in the right conditions pal.

It would be also interesting to see what my extreme kill zone accuracy is with my Hawke Nite Eye 6-24x50 AO,IR, SR12 with either my Pro Sport or tuned HW97KT against your BSA Mercury and a open sight.

Mate no one wants a fall out with you, we just want to live and let live, get to know us on here mate and maybe we can learn something from you buddy and we can teach you something new too .

Best wishes

Si

• Like 1

hi ya si

well buddy you cant get any straighter than that really buddy and this is all we want for everyone to join in and enjoy a great site as we do greet people with open minds and arms and none of us are to old to learn thats what makes this site a very large and good site full of very nice people, so Wirral why dont you just get to know us first ? and sit back and enjoy :thumbs:

shay

si sp on it's way

Please take Si up on his kind offer, Wirral, then you can prove your truly remarkable skills to everyone.

It would be great to see you pulling off those kind of shots with a naked Mercury 'cos some of the folks reading your claims may be tempted to think you're full of sh1te......

Happy dreaming, er, I mean hunting, fella!! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Well I,ve been shooting quite a while now(see my newbie post)and I,ve got several spingers one of which is a BSA Mercury I bought new and also have new pcp AAs200 along with quite a few other well made rifles and firearms and to be honest anything beyond 35yds even in ideal conditions I would consider to be .22 rimfire range and then only with a scope as even though you may have the penertration if hit in a kill zone you will find a pellet has slowed down sufficiently that any movement of the quarry in the time after you pulled the trigger will result in a wounded animal (something no good hunter wants)thats without taking into acount wind,trajectory and the Mercury is definately not as accurate as a pcp rifle with no recoil !