yorkshire terrier x patterdale

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a friend of a friend showed his dog mini russel x yorkie x dashhound x chiwawa crazy look dog bout 6 inches broken coated thing it was hes had a vixen an a few litters of cubs will go 2 ground an bays at rabbits if thats what you want good look haha atb

Had a mate, when I was a kid, who used to take his nan's three Yorkies ratting, she didn't seem to mind (though I think he never really told her what 'exactly' he was doing with 'em)!

Now, first i'd say that these wern't the tiny little things I see nowerdays. My Mrs aunt has one now that would struggle tackling a mouse, the mouse would probs run off with it.

These were much bigger, stronger, animals (but please don't in anyway think they had anything like the frame or attitude of a working terrier, i'm talking Yorkies here) and would pack well and hunt rats all day long.

Usually was two of 'em in on a kill, would scream when bitten and then be useless for the next 15 mins whilst they wanderd to shake their little heads and feel sorry for themselves and they didn't look 'to well' soaked through in January but they had a go and were fun to watch.

If someone on here had a Yorkie as a pet and maybe wanted to try it on a few rats etc, then why the hell not, BUT to purpose breed a Yorkie to a working terrier, of any type, would, in my eyes, be a fecking crime and once again, piss all over hundreds of years of work, effort and breeding from genuine terriermen.

Edited by Bosun11