what happens if jills aren't mated?

I've two five year old jills at the moment mate and never used any of the methods suggested, I had two litter sisters go to thirteen and fourteen were never mated or any of the methods suggested used.

This topic rears its head regurarly and it has been asked, has anyone actually lost a jill through leaving unmated or using one of the methods?.

13 and 14 yrs old, aye whatever.. laugh.gif

and your point is ?.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The internet can be a great thing, or not. People can talk to each other and tell of their experiences and this is how we can compare things and perhaps learn something. I've had ferrets since 1977,

Here we go again.Who are you to say his advice is dumb ass mate.I have kept ferrets untill 10yrs old and never mated.Yes the vets will tell you they need mating and the pricks that don't no any better

Tote i think your spot on its clear from what i have read on this thread that not all jills drop dead ... i do think its very different from the text book stuff that seems to be quoted a lot & tak

I've two five year old jills at the moment mate and never used any of the methods suggested, I had two litter sisters go to thirteen and fourteen were never mated or any of the methods suggested used.

This topic rears its head regurarly and it has been asked, has anyone actually lost a jill through leaving unmated or using one of the methods?.

and your point is ?.

ferrets living to this age with good looking afer is not uncommon but to leave them in season it highly doubtfull you telling the truth.

there you have it im sure it the point he sayng but trying to be polite about it.

and your point is ?.

ferrets living to this age with good looking afer is not uncommon but to leave them in season it highly doubtfull you telling the truth.

there you have it im sure it the point he sayng but trying to be polite about it.

Oh ok, I'm a liar then.

and your point is ?.

Oh ok, I'm a liar then.

self confessed by the look of it.

Mate your a fecking tosspot, you run a rescue and you think your the resident expert, that positions taken.

Just because you haven't experienced what I'm saying doesn't mean it's untrue.

Mate your a fecking tosspot, you run a rescue and you think your the resident expert, that positions taken.

Just because you haven't experienced what I'm saying doesn't mean it's untrue.

i might run a rescue and have never once claimed to be an expert let alone a resident expert, there are some folk on this forum who do give good sound advice and i have no doubt they know as much as me about ferrets if not more, but then we have the folk like yourself that keep coming on giving people some dumb ass advice. mate stick to a gold fish and even then i doubt it last a week in your care.

Edited by wullieh

Just looked back my posts and I can't find where I offered any advice, I simply pointed out my experiences in the matter.

well you need to learn the big bad world then mate, some people will and do take experiance as gospal over sound advice.

nothing mate, as long as you keep there housing clean they will be fine.

You been living on another planet?

have you??? how many jills you lost through not taking them out of season??? how many people do you know that have ???? and what do you do when they come back into season after being with a v-hob??? mate them up again???

load of bollocks if you ask me mate. known ferrets reach double figures that have never been brought out, yet another money spinner for the vets if you ask me...................

To be fair the fellas ferrets could have made it that long without being mated - but that would be lucky (not impossible) and i just would not risk the health or happiness of my wee warrior weasels for the price of the jabs or keeping a vac hob.

I think you can only draw from your own experiences .. if you like i could drive a car from reading a book about how to do it.. but as i havent actually experienced driving one for real :laugh: :laugh: now thats a scarey thought :laugh:

A lot of us do just that relay to other people what we have experienced

have you??? how many jills you lost through not taking them out of season??? how many people do you know that have ???? and what do you do when they come back into season after being with a v-hob??? mate them up again???

load of bollocks if you ask me mate. known ferrets reach double figures that have never been brought out, yet another money spinner for the vets if you ask me...................

Fair enough buddy - but i'll take science over your opinion. Nothing against you - i too have known ferrets live to an old age without being taken out, however i have also known ferrets die because they have not and i dont think it is a risk i would like to take with animals i am very attached to and expect to do a good hard seasons graft, and i also wouldnt offer my opinion as fact.

yes and yet again we have another tosser. and what do you know about ferrets that will take up more than writing on a postage stamp.

Fair enough buddy - but i'll take science over your opinion. Nothing against you - i too have known ferrets live to an old age without being taken out, however i have also known ferrets die because they have not and i dont think it is a risk i would like to take with animals i am very attached to and expect to do a good hard seasons graft, and i also wouldnt offer my opinion as fact.

:clapper::clapper: at last.