BASC Game Fair Cardross Estate

On behalf of the National Lurcher & Racing Club I would like to thank all those who attended our show and made it a really nice show with a good atmosphere which everyone seemed to enjoy. Also thanks must go to the judges on the day who had a very hard task with all the really nice dogs that attended.

Our final thank you must go to the man who publicised our show so well both here & on moochershunting and that is Foxgun Tom.We weren't going to advertise on the internet but as it happens we didn't need to as he did it so well for us.It really is a shame that that people have to rant and rave and verbally attack people when mistakes are made,especially when he had the opportunity to talk face to face at the show at the Foxhall inn but sadly chose not to do so.

Finally here are some pics of the winners.

Lurcher Champ & reserve

LurcherchampReserve.jpg

Puppy Champ & Reserve

PuppyChampReserve-1.jpg

Terrier Champ & Reserve

TerrierChampReserve.jpg

Terrier Pup Champ & Reserve

TerrierPupReserve.jpg

General Pics

Judging1.jpg

Judging2.jpg

Judging3.jpg

Dukie say's "On behalf of the National Lurcher & Racing Club I would like to thank all those who attended our show and made it a really nice show with a good atmosphere which everyone seemed to enjoy. Also thanks must go to the judges on the day who had a very hard task with all the really nice dogs that attended.

Our final thank you must go to the man who publicised our show so well both here & on moochershunting and that is Foxgun Tom.We weren't going to advertise on the internet but as it happens we didn't need to as he did it so well for us.It really is a shame that that people have to rant and rave and verbally attack people when mistakes are made,especially when he had the opportunity to talk face to face at the show at the Foxhall inn but sadly chose not to do so."

Have a look at this thread, link below: and see what contstitutes as a good working dog show (Lurchers and Terriers) in Scotland with the emphasis on WORKING!!

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153165&st=45

First of all!! people or organisation's don't make mistake's every year for four years, especially when they have been informed of the problem! they also don't ignore the law's of a country they're invited to and asked to put on a show!! and they never take the piss out of Scottish terrier men who themselves acknowledge the legislation of their own country when arranging similar events! There is also no such thing as bad publicity only if its misleading and the NL&RC's for this show was!! :doh: and they apologised for it! it's just unfortunate that the NL&RC had to be shamed and humiliated :icon_redface: into recognising the tail docking legislation of Scotland and only then did they do a complete U-turn re: showing certain aged docked terriers and pup's If certain people had'nt raised the issue

You are also misleading people and the lads on this forum and telling more porkie's by stating "It really is a shame that that people have to rant and rave and verbally attack people when mistakes are made,especially when he had the opportunity to talk face to face at the show at the Foxhall inn but sadly chose not to do so."

You know full well I did not have an opportunity to talk to anyone face to face at the show at Foxhall Inn :realmad: re: the tail docking issues at Cardross because not one individual from the NL&RC made themselve's known to me! despite yourself confirming I was there, why!! Don't tell lies and suggest or say I chose not to speak to anyone on any matter concerning working dog's, I have alway's taken the time to speak to people about lurcher and terrier work :realmad:

Tom

Ps: Obviously members of the NL&RC or even your good-self seen me at Foxhall and declined to approach me on the subject (Scottish tail-docking legislation) maybe you were hiding behind the tail of an undocked terrier hoping the tail was long and bushy enough to hide you :clapper:

Pps: Two photo's of terrier's with lad's I know does'nt make a sucessfull terrier show especially when a lot of lad's who attended Neilston the following day said to English and Irish visitor's Cardross in their opinion was "shit" and a waste of time"

Edited by Foxgun Tom

I really don't know why I'm bothering to even reply to this because quite frankly it seems to me Tom that you're starting to become obsessive but thats up to you. Lets get a few things straight, you do know who I am because you met me at Cardross in 2006 when you were with sacs.At that time you wanted us to join the whole of our club to sacs and hand over our membership list with all our members details. This we declined to do because not everyone may have wished to join and also as far as we were concerned our members would not have wished their details to be passed around, neither were we prepared to force them to join an organisation which they did not wish to as it's up to the individual to make their own mind up, this didn't seem to go down well at the time!¬

On the suject of the show at Foxhall you obviously recognised us because after you walked past us you spoke to the person with you who then turned to round to look at us! As you have said why didn't we approach you, well at the time we didn't realise we had to as you hadn't started ranting then, if you had then you can bet your sweet life I'd have approached you!!

On your reply you basically called me a liar, we'll sorry to disappoint you but I'm not in the habit of lying as people who know me will tell you.

On the subject of people saying that our show was shit well everyone is entitled to their opinion, after all it's a free country, there are shows I go to which I think are rubbish but I don't stoop to slagging them off on the internet.

As to the subject of discriminating against people, correct me if I'm wrong but are you not running the Five Nations Terrier Championship this year? An excellent idea but what happened to the Five Nations Lurcher Championships, are you not running one of those also, surely thats discriminating against lurcher owners or does it not count as discrimination because your involved? Does this not lead to the question people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

With regard to you comment about the pictures of the show winners, they were put on so that anyone who was interested could view them not that I have to answer to you for anything I do and quite frankly i don't give a damn what your opinion is

Well Tom I'll leave you to your ranting because although you have nothing better to do I have, and I will not be dignifying you with any more replies because quite frankly you're starting get boring.

Finally I would like to say that over the years I have met some really nice Scottish people both in the dog world and out of it but I can honestly say they must have broke the mould after you!!

Oh bye the way just in case your wondering I am in fact a woman not a man so that might jog your memory.

Dukie

• Like 1

tom your words, First of all!! people or organisation's don't make mistake's every year for four years, especially when they have been informed of the problem! assuming they had, There is also no such thing as bad publicity only if its misleading and the NL&RC's for this show was!! and they apologised for it!--TOM AS YOU MAKE OUT TO BE A REAL DIGNIFIED PERSON, would'nt it just be great if their appology for making mistakes regarding the legislation in scotland, was accepted by YOU once and for all, or are you more intent with this political pish you keep spewing, ffs get a life , the NLRC , have and will continue to do plenty of shows for years to come, NEILSTON has in the last few years got bigger and better , through hard work, thats for sure , but it did'nt become a success overnight, did it , no , teething problems as allways , get ironed out with more experience, christ it's just the last 2>3 years you included lurchers , why , NUMBERS, thats right, so ffs let arguements fester in your own head cos i'm sure , linda, ian , sonia , and the rest of the NLRC committee, dont need your hassle.

oh and just for the record , have you read anywhere , that the NLRC were lambasting your show, NO , they got more DIGNITY THAN THAT.

LOOK FOREWARD TO SEEING YOU AT HAREWOODD??

sorry denned but i have to disagree with you ,as from personal experience when i phoned the advertised number last year for this show i nearly had my ear drums blasted out as i tried to point out that showing docked pups in scotland was perfectly legal..i can even remember HER last statement was...I(repeat I) AM NOT PUTTING PUPS ON, END OF!!!..in an exteremly raised voice.was i gob smacked? yes i was, until others told me about this said person..ignorant and damn right rude,YES SHE WAS.. but hey maybes some good might come of all this and the said person may realise she has no right to speak to people the way she does and maybes just maybe there may be a nice person inside afterall :whistling:

Edited by terrier.2

sorry denned but i have to disagree with you ,as from personal experience when i phoned the advertised number last year for this show i nearly had my ear drums blasted out as i tried to point out that showing docked pups in scotland was perfectly legal..i can even remember HER last statement was...I(repeat I) AM NOT PUTTING PUPS ON, END OF!!!..in an exteremly raised voice.was i gob smacked? yes i was, until others told me about this said person..ignorant and damn right rude,YES SHE WAS.. but hey maybes some good might come of all this and the said person may realise she has no right to speak to people the way she does and maybes just maybe there may be a nice person inside afterall :whistling:

hey terrier.2 , i hope so , i cant reply on what was said to you , it should'nt have been, as i said , teething problems can and do sort themselves out , hope it has'nt discouraged you from attending other shows, as we all know now , people numbers contributed to the NLRC changing their minds to ALLOW docked pups to be shown, CONGRATULATIONS, TO BOTH PARTIES for it happening .-----atb den

denned,unfortunately it HAS stopped me from attending these shows as we had another disagreement over five pounds that she refuses to return after myself putting down the wrong date for my show for the chatsworth qualifier..this is over 18 months ago and she still refuses to return the money,and my arguement was that as our show was a charity show then the said 5 quid was to go into the charity pot,this fell on deaf or ignorant ears :wallbash: i personally feel that principles have no meaning to her and would not want to be at any show that she has anything to do with! as for the rest of you i have made some really good friends amongst the nlrc and am truly dismayed that one person can have such a detrimental affect over what is a good bunch of guys.it is no secret that many members including commitee members are no more because of the said person,it never fails to amaze me that she is still there but then i suppose hitler got it all wrong but still had his followers..sorry denned if i am coming across rude but the woman rubs me (and a hell of alot of others) up the wrong way..T2

denned,unfortunately it HAS stopped me from attending these shows as we had another disagreement over five pounds that she refuses to return after myself putting down the wrong date for my show for the chatsworth qualifier..this is over 18 months ago and she still refuses to return the money,and my arguement was that as our show was a charity show then the said 5 quid was to go into the charity pot,this fell on deaf or ignorant ears :wallbash: i personally feel that principles have no meaning to her and would not want to be at any show that she has anything to do with! as for the rest of you i have made some really good friends amongst the nlrc and am truly dismayed that one person can have such a detrimental affect over what is a good bunch of guys.it is no secret that many members including commitee members are no more because of the said person,it never fails to amaze me that she is still there but then i suppose hitler got it all wrong but still had his followers..sorry denned if i am coming across rude but the woman rubs me (and a hell of alot of others) up the wrong way..T2

terrier.2, no you dont , i can see your arguement , stand by it too , but i'm not a member of nlrc either , was commenting on the post only, so trying to stay neuteral if that makes sense.---atb den

Your complaining "I'm basically calling you a liar" quote("On your reply you basically called me a liar, we'll sorry to disappoint you but I'm not in the habit of lying as people who know me will tell you.") end quote

But then why are you still mis-leading and lying to people again by suggesting I did anything other than the points below?

I only did the introductions to SAC's with the NL&RC through a guy called Lee Kidman (at that time I was only a member of the association and not its Development officer) who introduced me to Linda Vaughan, whom I introduced to Ian Clark the SAC's Director who I then presumed discussed membership details with Linda? Without any input from me whatsoever!!

At no time did I personally ask the NL&RC to hand over its membership list or members details as you suggest!!

I also never at anytime suggested that anyone is forced to join any organisation or association as that would be illegal!! your suggesting I did the opposite??

I also took no part in any discussions between SAC's its Director (Ian Clark) and the NL&RC after the initial introductions, (fact!)

As for meeting you I genuinely don't remember and have'nt a clue who you are! I've met thousands of people over the years!

Why post and say or suggest any of the above lies when I did not take part in any of the above? and when its untrue!!

As for recognising you at Foxhall that's a nonsense for the above reason's

The question of a "Five Nations International Lurcher Championship" is already under discussion and the reason for it not happening this year is undoubtably cost and sponsorship and not discrimination against lurchers

There is also the matter of getting the right show's, judge's, organisations etc: to partake in a "FIVE NATIONS INTERNATIONAL LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP" as well as a massive sponsorship deal similar to the Terrier Championship

At present with the terrier championship, the cost of travel to Ireland for approximately 20 people and 5 car's is being covered by our main sponsor! The accomodation costs for the winners of the qualifiers is covered by the individual clubs and show's holding the qualifiers! try and think of the cost of that!! and then double it when lurchers are included!! you'll soon realise it'll make a dent in anyone's budget

Tom

I really don't know why I'm bothering to even reply to this because quite frankly it seems to me Tom that you're starting to become obsessive but thats up to you. Lets get a few things straight, you do know who I am because you met me at Cardross in 2006 when you were with sacs.At that time you wanted us to join the whole of our club to sacs and hand over our membership list with all our members details. This we declined to do because not everyone may have wished to join and also as far as we were concerned our members would not have wished their details to be passed around, neither were we prepared to force them to join an organisation which they did not wish to as it's up to the individual to make their own mind up, this didn't seem to go down well at the time!¬

On the suject of the show at Foxhall you obviously recognised us because after you walked past us you spoke to the person with you who then turned to round to look at us! As you have said why didn't we approach you, well at the time we didn't realise we had to as you hadn't started ranting then, if you had then you can bet your sweet life I'd have approached you!!

On your reply you basically called me a liar, we'll sorry to disappoint you but I'm not in the habit of lying as people who know me will tell you.

On the subject of people saying that our show was shit well everyone is entitled to their opinion, after all it's a free country, there are shows I go to which I think are rubbish but I don't stoop to slagging them off on the internet.

As to the subject of discriminating against people, correct me if I'm wrong but are you not running the Five Nations Terrier Championship this year? An excellent idea but what happened to the Five Nations Lurcher Championships, are you not running one of those also, surely thats discriminating against lurcher owners or does it not count as discrimination because your involved? Does this not lead to the question people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

With regard to you comment about the pictures of the show winners, they were put on so that anyone who was interested could view them not that I have to answer to you for anything I do and quite frankly i don't give a damn what your opinion is

Well Tom I'll leave you to your ranting because although you have nothing better to do I have, and I will not be dignifying you with any more replies because quite frankly you're starting get boring.

Finally I would like to say that over the years I have met some really nice Scottish people both in the dog world and out of it but I can honestly say they must have broke the mould after you!!

Oh bye the way just in case your wondering I am in fact a woman not a man so that might jog your memory.

Dukie

Edited by Foxgun Tom