Shortening 243 Barrel

Looking for some advice! i have a Tika T3 Hunter looking to shorten the barrel, any body any advice on what lenghts to cut it to? or is it bad thing to do, it's just i have an ASE Utra silencer on the gun and it's a fair length.

Best phone a custom rifle builder etc for advice. If your mod is the sleeve over the barrel type then that will effect the amount you can cut off. I have seen a few remmy's/tikka etc cut down to 20" & they balance very well with that length. Most importiant is the re-crowning after it getting cut & when i re-barrel my remmy it will be 20"-22" long.

Looking for some advice! i have a Tika T3 Hunter looking to shorten the barrel, any body any advice on what lenghts to cut it to? or is it bad thing to do, it's just i have an ASE Utra silencer on the gun and it's a fair length.

I would look into changing the moderator before cutting the barrel down on any rifle. Is there not a another style mod that would fit your Tikka? Like the Wildcat Predator 8 which is an over-the-barrel design.

Blessings,

Lee

When i got the tikka customisied, i added to barrel length its now 24.5 inches, and then with the A-tec on barrel length goes to 30.5"

i can understand balance issues if your feeling its really front heavy, but i only use the mod mainly for vermin, and target work.

Snap.

Be smart ring Rifle craft on 01379853745 ask for 5 mins of Andrews time and ask the question. he will run through the pros and cons for you may be the best 5 mins spent. Mention you have been chatting to UK Gun Repairs and he will help you.

Best Regards Dennis / Sage UK Gun Repairs.

This subject is being covered in depth on the Stalking Directory forum at the moment. I thought I had put this on my previous post but it may have been censored by the powers that be, I might be wrong. If it was am I breaking the rules by mentioning another forum? I thought we were all in this together. :hmm:

Again I may be jumping to conclusions or just naive.

Be smart ring Rifle craft on 01379853745 ask for 5 mins of Andrews time and ask the question. he will run through the pros and cons for you may be the best 5 mins spent. Mention you have been chatting to UK Gun Repairs and he will help you.

Best Regards Dennis / Sage UK Gun Repairs.

yep andrew's a sound bloke, met him at a game fair once and spent most of the day just talking to him,

a real gent... you will loss velocity, but velocity isn't everything, i had a friend take a gun to a "smith" a few months back.... hes just getting it now.... as the smith cut it and made a botch job of recrowning..... accuracy went to pot....

i'd suggest changing the mod, myself. and selling the one you have....!!!!

totally up to you...

good luck.

Snap.