Still not convinced

I rescued this pup and have since posted a thread on here for some opinions of which a few said beddy cross but i cant help thinking more deer hound, he is only 18 weeks and stands 16 n half inch tts, his nose is pointy rather than blunt beddy type so im gonna add a couple more pics for further opinions, cheers guys.

• Like 1

lovley looking pup chap :thumbs: i have a beddy whip and a mate has greyhound beddyX at 6 monts no rough coat like the one yours is displaying showed i am no expert but the coat is lookind like deerhound and the sholder height at that age is indicating a dog bigger than a beddyX :hmm: be intresting for some of the experienced lads to share theire opinions ?

lovley looking pup chap :thumbs: i have a beddy whip and a mate has greyhound beddyX at 6 monts no rough coat like the one yours is displaying showed i am no expert but the coat is lookind like deerhound and the sholder height at that age is indicating a dog bigger than a beddyX :hmm: be intresting for some of the experienced lads to share theire opinions ?

thats what im thinking, i said in previous thread i have only ever worked or bred bull greyhounds but know from their size at 18 weeks they were as big as he is and easily made 26/'27. so im not 100% he is a small dog like beddy whippet. ill have to post his progress, im pumping plenty of mince and working dog mix in to him so im sure ill soon know whats running through his veins.

thats what im thinking, i said in previous thread i have only ever worked or bred bull greyhounds but know from their size at 18 weeks they were as big as he is and easily made 26/'27. so im not 100% he is a small dog like beddy whippet. ill have to post his progress, im pumping plenty of mince and working dog mix in to him so im sure ill soon know whats running through his veins.

could be a beddy/whippet cross deer/grey. as it looks like he has beddy and deerhound in him

I've got a deerhound/collie called alfie, he is 10 month old now, and your dog looks like he was when he were younger. The only differance is the beddy colour, look's and coat is the only resembalance. Nice looking dog tho!

post-45509-127394628951_thumb.jpg

This might help, here are some pictures of my deer/grey/collie starting from 8 weeks old to almost a year.

8 weeks

post-37748-127420209397_thumb.jpg

11 weeks

post-37748-127420213429_thumb.jpg

13 weeks

post-37748-127420252374_thumb.jpg

14 weeks

post-37748-1274202171_thumb.jpg

few months

post-37748-127420238375_thumb.jpg

10 months

post-37748-127420247473_thumb.jpg

12 months

post-37748-12742025557_thumb.jpg

12 months, 29 inches to the shoulder

post-37748-12742025805_thumb.jpg

I'm most certainly NOT an expert on ANY cross of Lurcher, but just judging by the head shape, it looks to be more Beddy than Deerhound, but that is only my opinion. I've seen Beddy/Whippets and Beddy/Greyhounds with coats like that, but as people say, it seems a bit on the big side to be a Beddy cross! So my guess is that it's probably not a 1st cross, but a Lurcher x Lurcher breeding. Not much help, but hopefully it will turn out to be a good'un :thumbs:

Cheers.