simple permission letter

Guest baldie

Heres another letter seeking permission to shoot, hope it's some value to someone :toast:

Pyle & Porthcawl Golf Club

Kenfig

10 The terrace

North

Cf315xx

Tel: 01656 7xxxxx

Mob: 077xxxxxxx 21 Jun. 07

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, we would like to firstly introduce ourselves to you. We are 40 & 41yr old responsible professionals.

We both live in North, we are keen shooters, shooting on privately owned land by day and night 7 days a week. living in xxx I am looking to seek written permission from farmers, golf clubs and such as yourself to allow me to continue enjoying our hobby and sport more locally, again mainly on a weekend and sometimes by night, week end night time for golf clubs (when no one else is there, for the obvious reasons)

I am a member of the Countryside Alliance and have their liability insurance, as I stated earlier I am responsible and will respect your land, greens, property and your wishes.

We would like to shoot only vermin and will remove any dead quarry from your land. Whilst on your property we would be glad to let you know if I notice anything unusual or untoward.

Could you please inform me the details of your permission and the type of quarry you consent to me shooting on your land, with a section detailing your preferred contact number.

Again we ask you consider our request that allows us to enjoy our hobby and at the same time help you in your control of vermin. If you do kindly decide to grant us permission to shoot your land and you have any drawings or details of your boundaries these would be very useful.Thank you for your time and I possibly look forward to meeting you some time in the future.

D jones

Has this worked for you????? It must be right what they say about how pleasant, reasonable and accomodating people are in Wales. If I sent out an unsolicited letter like this in Berkshire it would end up straight in file X. If only it was that easy!! People round here are "London", hard nosed, insular and cynical, you really need to gain their trust; this could even have a negative effect round here. Looks like a move to Wales could be in order!

Hello Deker, having just moved back to the area (been in the army) I thought nothing ventured nothing gained and lo and behold I've got 820 acres for deer and 3 golf courses, so it did work thankfully.And yes we are seamingly more accomodating but I've never had a problem wherever i've served/lived

Cheerybye

Sheep worrier

Hello Deker, having just moved back to the area (been in the army) I thought nothing ventured nothing gained and lo and behold I've got 820 acres for deer and 3 golf courses, so it did work thankfully.And yes we are seamingly more accomodating but I've never had a problem wherever i've served/lived

Cheerybye

Sheep worrier

My compliments if it has worked, enjoy the shooting!

Cheers

Deker

Heres another letter seeking permission to shoot, hope it's some value to someone :toast:

Kenfig

10 The terrace

North

Cf315xx

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, we would like to firstly introduce ourselves to you. We are 40 & 41yr old responsible professionals.

We both live in North, we are keen shooters, shooting on privately owned land by day and night 7 days a week. living in xxx I am looking to seek written permission from farmers, golf clubs and such as yourself to allow me to continue enjoying our hobby and sport more locally, again mainly on a weekend and sometimes by night, week end night time for golf clubs (when no one else is there, for the obvious reasons)

I am a member of the Countryside Alliance and have their liability insurance, as I stated earlier I am responsible and will respect your land, greens, property and your wishes.

We would like to shoot only vermin and will remove any dead quarry from your land. Whilst on your property we would be glad to let you know if I notice anything unusual or untoward.

Could you please inform me the details of your permission and the type of quarry you consent to me shooting on your land, with a section detailing your preferred contact number.

Again we ask you consider our request that allows us to enjoy our hobby and at the same time help you in your control of vermin. If you do kindly decide to grant us permission to shoot your land and you have any drawings or details of your boundaries these would be very useful.Thank you for your time and I possibly look forward to meeting you some time in the future.

D jones

have you mannaged to actually get any permission with that letter ? sheepworrier :whistling:

Kenfig

10 The terrace

North

Cf315xx

Dear Sir / Madam

D jones

have you got aney idea how i can save a copy of this letter cos i cant seem to do it thanks

AUTHORITY TO SHOOT AND HUNT

VERMIN

I (................................................. of (farm)..............................................................

capacity as, Landowner, Tenant, Estate Manager, Game Keeper (delete)

Address ................................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................... Postcode ..........................................

Telephone No ........................................... Mobile No ...........................................

I HEAR Authorise/. to shoot and remove

(VERMIN ONLY) BY THE USE OF THE BELOW

1. BY THE USE use of ferrets.

2. Lamp at night and useing . shotgun/rifle/lurcher

3. Additional shooters/shooter are permitted when accompanied by the named

person above .

4. This authority does not offer sole shooting rights to the land described above

and can be terminated by me at any time i see fit to do so .

PERMITTED QUARRY (DELETE AS APPROPRIATE)

Wood pigeon/Feral Pigeon/Rats/Grey Squirrel/Rabbit/Fox/

CORVIDS...Jackdaw/Jay/Crow-CarrionMagpie/Rook

Signed .............................................................dated....../...../..........

• 2 weeks later...

AUTHORITY

TO SHOOT AND HUNT VERMIN

I (...............................................................................

............................... of (farm)..........................................................................

capacity as, Landowner, Tenant, Estate Manager, Game Keeper (delete)

Address ................................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................... Postcode .............................................

Telephone No ........................................... Mobile No ..................................

I HEAR Authorise/ TO HUNT and REMOVE (VERMIN ONLY) BY THE USE OF THE BELOW

1. BY THE USE of ferrets.

2. BY LAMP at night and useing SHOTGUN /RIFLE /LURCHER

3. Additional shooters/shooter are permitted when accompanied by the named person above .

4. This authority does not offer sole shooting rights to the land described above and can be terminated by me at any time i see fit to do so.

(PERMITTED QUARRY (DELETE AS APPROPRIATE)

Wood pigeon/Feral Pigeon/Rats/Grey Squirrel/Rabbit/Fox/

CORVIDS...Jackdaw/Jay/Crow-Carrion/Magpie/Rook.

THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT BUT A LETTER OF PERMISSION

Signed .............................................................dated....../...../..........

• 2 months later...

Try the following

SHOOTING PERMISSION AGREEMENT

An Agreement Between: Landowner (Print name, address, phone No.)

-------------------------------------------------------

And: Shooter (Print name, address, phone No.)

-------------------------------------------------------

The Landowner agrees to let the Shooter and his/her shooting partners ‘control by shooting’ those pests covered under Schedule II of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981, Section 1 of the Pest Control Act 1954, Ground Game Act 1880 etc. until such a time as it is deemed appropriate to withdraw that permission.

The Landowner allows the Shooter access to his/her land at suitable times as not to cause hindrance to the Landowner or livestock.

The boundaries for this activity will be confined to the area(s) defined by the Landowner and indicated by a red line drawn on the map.

In return for the granting of this permission, the Shooter and associates will respect the land and the livestock and the crops thereon.

The Shooter and his/her associates will behave in a safe and responsible manner at all times and respect the wishes of the Landowner.

Disclaimer

#The Landowner takes no responsibility for the actions of the Shooter and associates.

#The shooter and associates will endeavour to comply with all legal obligations regarding the use of firearms. #The Landowner accepts no responsibility for their non-compliance with current firearms legislation.

#The Shooter and associates will carry appropriate, adequate and up-to-date public liability insurance for their activities. The Landowner will have no insurance liability in respect of shooting activities and any consequential events arising from such shooting activities as carried out by the Shooter and associates

The undersigned Shooter and associates have the undersigned Landowner’s permission to shoot on the Landowner’s property:

Signed........................(Landowner)

Signed........................(Shooter)

Signed........................(Shooter)

Date:_____of___________20_____

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Just been asked to put up a simple permission letter, that makes it easy on the landowner, as most dont have any spare time, heres what i use.I,ve put in a fictional name and address to show how its worded.

I, william Davis, [farmer] of Hilltop farm, station road, blankshire s11, w33, phone number 123123123 [farmers address], hereby give..........[your name and address] full permission, to shoot/hunt all legal vermin species by day and night, and game, in season in the day.He /she, may use shotguns/air weapons, and any firearms they possess and have legal authority to use,and which my land is passed for, also dogs and ferrets. [the farmer can delete any he wont allow]

signed...............[farmers signature] date........

You can fill the farmers details in so all he/she has to do, is sign and date it.They like this , as most hate paperwork.Written permission gets you out of the shit in the day, and is a legal requirement at night, plus, it saves them knocking the farmer up at 3 in the morning, which is the surest way to lose the permission.

Baldie

Don't want to start this all going again...Oh..and the letter is pretty good by the way, but did anyone ever get to the bottom of this shooting at night business?

I've been shooting day and night for 35 or more years and don't know anything about night shooting written permissions! For many, although not all, I do have written permissions, but please don't tell me I've been breaking some night shooting law most of my life.

Deker

We're all probably guilty of breaking the law - how many of us don't have "Game" specified on our FAC's yet shoot Rabbits at night? The classification of Rabbits changes from Vermin by Day, to Game by night.

Just been asked to put up a simple permission letter, that makes it easy on the landowner, as most dont have any spare time, heres what i use.I,ve put in a fictional name and address to show how its worded.

I, william Davis, [farmer] of Hilltop farm, station road, blankshire s11, w33, phone number 123123123 [farmers address], hereby give..........[your name and address] full permission, to shoot/hunt all legal vermin species by day and night, and game, in season in the day.He /she, may use shotguns/air weapons, and any firearms they possess and have legal authority to use,and which my land is passed for, also dogs and ferrets. [the farmer can delete any he wont allow]

signed...............[farmers signature] date........

You can fill the farmers details in so all he/she has to do, is sign and date it.They like this , as most hate paperwork.Written permission gets you out of the shit in the day, and is a legal requirement at night, plus, it saves them knocking the farmer up at 3 in the morning, which is the surest way to lose the permission.

Baldie

Don't want to start this all going again...Oh..and the letter is pretty good by the way, but did anyone ever get to the bottom of this shooting at night business?

I've been shooting day and night for 35 or more years and don't know anything about night shooting written permissions! For many, although not all, I do have written permissions, but please don't tell me I've been breaking some night shooting law most of my life.

Deker

We're all probably guilty of breaking the law - how many of us don't have "Game" specified on our FAC's yet shoot Rabbits at night? The classification of Rabbits changes from Vermin by Day, to Game by night.

What country are you talking about??

Vermin is vermin, it is not Game simply due to a change in the clock!

...and no, we don't all have Game on our FAC but many now have ....and all other lawful quarry! :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

I read it as granting permission to shoot/take vermin by day or by night, and game in season by day. That way all legal options are covered, and so is the farmer's ass if you get naughty and shoot game at night.

Ric