Puma JW15E rifle review

Does anyone know anything about the Puma JW15E rifle .22 bolt action? There are a few gun dealers with several of these in stock, brand new for £195.

Whats the rifling like, is it built to last?

What sort of grouping do you get and at what range?

What ammuntion brand do they shoot best with?

looking forward to learning a bit more about them.

Thank you,

Lee Stockburn

simsons of shepshed sell them from what I have seen they are a cz 452 copy

I think there made by norinco clicky

Hey Zook,

Thanks for the reply, I saw that Simsons them on there website and tried to google reviews about the rifle but hadn't found much. That link you gave was great thank you.

Lee

i think these are being imported by highland outdoors based in market harbourgh, leicestershire. i believe they are a chinese copy of cz actions. i had a look at one a few months ago took it out the box and it took 15 mins to get the bolt to cycle. if you stripped it down and finished it off properly i think it might be ok. as for the long term, only time will tell how the metal used will hold up. the finish of the stock is awfull, there abit like the chinese air rifles you used to buy off market traders. my advice save up a few more quid and buy a cz.

Hi.

These are a copy of the CZ, just like the Brazilian copy of the Ruger 10/22. I think you would be a lot better off with a 2nd hand CZ or BRNO for the same money or perhaps a bit less.

DD

Thank you for all the replies, I was going to pop over to Simsons of Shepshed and have a look at how much of a bad copy they are but I don't think I'll bother based on all the consistant opinion of this rifle.

Thank you,

Lee

My pet RFD had a few of these rifles in to try a while back. They seemed like a good plan until he had one cut down to 16". You'll be shocked at this, but the hole in the barrel wasn't in the centre where the cut was made! Now to all the experienced gunsmiths among us I know that the hole is never exactly in the middle and a screwcut should be done in line with the bore rather than the outside profile of the barrel. BUT.. This was well out. I mean like 3mm of steel on the narrow side and 6mm on the other. It was shockingly bad to the point of not being able to be screwcut!

My advice, drop the idea like a hot coal and buy a used CZ because those Pumas are awful! :thumbdown:

Does anyone know anything about the Puma JW15E rifle .22 bolt action? There are a few gun dealers with several of these in stock, brand new for £195.

Whats the rifling like, is it built to last?

What sort of grouping do you get and at what range?

What ammuntion brand do they shoot best with?

looking forward to learning a bit more about them.

Thank you,

Lee Stockburn

I had one in the work shop last week with a number of problems and very new only 6 or 7 weeks old.

I wont say horid things about it but at the time of this post it can't hold a candle to good second hand CZ Regards Sage UK GUN REPAIRS