what is your

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I mainly go for boiler room shots (especially off sticks) I occasionally neck shoot if the situation dictates it and circumstances are favourable. I don’t sell any of the venison I shoot so a small bit of shoulder meat damage doesn’t bother me :thumbs:

BN, I try to stay within my ability (not ambition) and heart lung most of my deer. I ocassionally neck shoot If I am really close or need to take the first shot that presents on welfare grounds. I am happy to go with "Best Practise" as publicised by BASC/BDS.

I do not care for "dialing in" and "long distance sniping" at deer, I prefer to stalk! Fair play to you if you do "dial in", use range finders, anemometers and drop charts while shooting deer, just don't call it stalking, because it isn't :tongue2:

I reserve head shooting for humane dispatch, I do not think it has any place in everyday stalking. I had to dispatch two fallow last year that had their jaws blown off by some numpty who thought he could head shoot :censored:

ft

BN, I try to stay within my ability (not ambition) and heart lung most of my deer. I ocassionally neck shoot If I am really close or need to take the first shot that presents on welfare grounds. I am happy to go with "Best Practise" as publicised by BASC/BDS.

I do not care for "dialing in" and "long distance sniping" at deer, I prefer to stalk! Fair play to you if you do "dial in", use range finders, anemometers and drop charts while shooting deer, just don't call it stalking, because it isn't :tongue2:

I reserve head shooting for humane dispatch, I do not think it has any place in everyday stalking. I had to dispatch two fallow last year that had their jaws blown off by some numpty who thought he could head shoot :censored:

ft

I'm with F.T. here but have double standards I admit. Boiler house at close range (below 150m's)(usually below 50)for the deer. And for foxes boiler house, unless at long range then centre mass.

Incoming. :boxing::big_boss:

Edited by john robbo

ft

I am with you 100% Fyltie. I to have on more than one occasion had to clear up after the "HEAD NECK" Shooter's. Enough to make a True Sportsman "SICK"

Head shot what you planning on doing taking the fuker off :clapper:

No...dropping it on the spot.

FTB

So does a well placed High top of the heart or through the top of the shoulder drop them to shot But then again not all but most Head and neck shooter's are doing it for no lose of money from the game dealer :thumbdown:

I dont want to stir up a "hornet's nest" on here but i agree with F.T.B, if you are an experienced/proffesional stalker,your rifle is zeroed correctly,and you are capable of the shot then head or neck shot's are fine,if someone isnt happy or confident to do that then heart/lung is the one for them! if you use feildcraft and stalk to your beast properly you should be able to place your bullet exactly where you want it,therefore being as humane as poss!

No...dropping it on the spot.

FTB

So does a well placed High top of the heart or through the top of the shoulder drop them to shot But then again not all but most Head and neck shooter's are doing it for no lose of money from the game dealer :thumbdown:

Never sold a deer carcass in my life.

Never had to.

FTB