• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

up till last sunday i would have said , some one differant now CARLOS SANTANA

Posted Images

Great topic folks!... surley there's no real answer to the question! but... for what its worth here's my vote..

.... KERRY KING... of Slayer, he's been there and done it all.. still setting the pace after 20 odd years, none of the gay Malmsteen stuff, as technical as you like... speed , rythem..., ripping insane solos out... and a grafter! you get you're moneys worth at a gig! i've seen these a good few times over the years.. my top band.. Kerry gave me a pik at one gig! :toast: ... got tickets to see 'em in nottingham in a a few weeks!!

post-9466-127387254925_thumb.jpg

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: ............ :drink::drink:

Wow!

Thanks for all the replies :clapper:

This is a vague question but anybody recall a chap in the '70's (I think) that could make his guitar "talk"?

Heard his stuff a few years ago but can't remember his name.

Aah, the eternal 'best' guitarist question...there probably is no definitive answer, everyone will have a different opinion no doubt based upon the guitarist in their favourite band or prefered type of music. There are plenty of amazing and technically gifted 'famous' guitarists out there, but then there will be an equal amount of equally gifted players who nobody has ever heared of. So maybe this thread should be renamed 'favourite guitarist'.

Anyway, my favourite guitarists are...for the technical fiddly stuff, Randy Rhoads, Dave Murray, malmsteen, Page.

But king of the riff without hesitation and undisputed it has to be Tony Iommi.

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio...(not a guitarist, but one of the finest heavy rock/metal vocalists ever).

Very off topic this one but I know a lot of you like your music, question is who do you thing is the best guitarist of all time? :boxing:

Personaly I think Slash can run rings around Hendrix, Clapton, Young, Vai, Marr etc so bring it on!

Mod's - don't know why this got posted three time, please delete the surplus posts.

all great ones there..

try this..