Carl Williams

14 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

All joking aside that dog looks like it would kill a fox no problem. Corgis have a strong jaw like Oz cattle dogs, I know cause I've been bitten by one, lol.

An interesting point of view from the Antipodeans. Many breeds that we have written off or never rated (boxers, Great Danes, EBT etc) seemed have found a purpose down under. Possibly because needs must and what is available will be tried? I like that.

The corgi cross that I had was capable of punching way above his weight but only in anger. More ASBO than VC. He didn't like the dark and even though being of a Sealyham type stamp was nothing like one.

Not his fault and I rather liked him.

012.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

8 hours ago, poxon said:

I think I’d go for a dog some of them bitchs can be small an weedy id want him a dog something 20-21tts

I've found the whippet bitches better hunters than the dogs but it's hard to find a bad whippet of either sex imo, lol. I always go for the dominant pup in a whippet litter, which is often a bitch.

• Like 1

The purebred whippet should  not exceed the requirements of height 20inches to the top of the withers ....however, having said that my pure stud whippet bow stood 21 inches and his ideal running weight was 34 ibbs.he was very carefully put to well balanced Irish greyhounds in order of me breeding a true to type longdog hybrid...bow was a fantastic dog and literally dozens of running dogs were brought to him.luguna blood is relatively quiet old but it still exists.  Carl Williams 

20210524_204524.jpg

• Like 2

purebred whippets that have a five generation pedigree k.c. reg and have been entered into the coursing clubs stud book and do not exceed the height of 20inches are those who can be welcomed into a whippet coursing club N.W.C.C I personally wasn't able to a adjust myself to such snoty events...I was however very fortunate for  the late Bob batch to have slipped my whippets on a number of occasions at these coursing events. 

• Like 1

The purebred coursing whippet is an absolutely fantastic little rabbitng companion ? and will certainly snatch a rabbit up if it has breached a purse web  these super little catch dogs provide plenty of sport for the handler.On a proper real cold n frosty winter morning the whippet does lack the coat for winter time rabbiting and display a shivery behaviour.i remember my first ever parti coloured purebred whippet which I bought from some geezer in Bath Wiltshire England  when I lived relatively close in a place called Trowbridge I was 14 years old when I slipped my whippet on his first rabbit overlooking Salisbury downs fantastic swift little dog ....those days are unforgettable ? 

20210521_153109.jpg

• Like 2
  1. In my opinion both dogs and bitches whith whippet x greyhounds longdogs  both sex are relatively good keen honest working dogs initially bred from a whippet sire and a greyhound dam as I've clearly emphasised to those in the clay class form...such a running dog is an end product end of story!!! Absolutely no other breeding ingredients should be introduced to such a longdog merely because it will. f**k up the broth so to speak and amongst other aspects its confirmation.The three quarter whippet x greyhound  is a better coursing dog in the field and has electrifying thrust and zest.than an half bred....this applies to the collie bred lurcher I've witnessed a three quarter bred lurcher that came from my mates in Cornwall f***ing humiliate rabbits being lamped a statement ? fully substituted and agreed by those who use such lurchers. With a deep barrel chest and cat feet inherited from its whippet sire and its height length and muzzle that's inherited from its greyhound dam are with all probability a longdogs from breeding ingredients of both whippet and greyhound is often ? the requirements needed as an ultimate catch dog.now then all the retarted fuckers who are still on their deck and dory books infant class material ? please wise up a little I know it will be hard for you but....try to educated  yourselves by working hard with your chosen running dogs be it lurcher strain or longdog hybrid  yours in field sports. Carl rude boy Williams. 

20210521_150142.jpg

6 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

The purebred coursing whippet is an absolutely fantastic little rabbitng companion ? and will certainly snatch a rabbit up if it has breached a purse web  these super little catch dogs provide plenty of sport for the handler.On a proper real cold n frosty winter morning the whippet does lack the coat for winter time rabbiting and display a shivery behaviour.i remember my first ever parti coloured purebred whippet which I bought from some geezer in Bath Wiltshire England  when I lived relatively close in a place called Trowbridge I was 14 years old when I slipped my whippet on his first rabbit overlooking Salisbury downs fantastic swift little dog ....those days are unforgettable ? 

20210521_153109.jpg

Nice strong dog carl looks a picture ?

How would you go about getting a 3/4 whippet take half  bred pup back 2 sire or just another whippet 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Thanks 1

Under rules pre ban  dog  not over 20in bitch 18 1/2  they  did run a few minor stakes for dogs over 20 in but wernt competitive in terms of  numbers entries  , little  bitches of correct size  were usually the undoing of many top dogs of correct size and bigger , only way to beat a good dog was with a good bitch so they say ,               SHAARK 

If you go back far enough, and check up on stanley s wilkin, 'tiptree', that'll give you plenty of info about thebloodlines etc.   “ good old Essex whippet blood ? ???

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:
  1. In my opinion both dogs and bitches whith whippet x greyhounds longdogs  both sex are relatively good keen honest working dogs initially bred from a whippet sire and a greyhound dam as I've clearly emphasised to those in the clay class form...such a running dog is an end product end of story!!! Absolutely no other breeding ingredients should be introduced to such a longdog merely because it will. f**k up the broth so to speak and amongst other aspects its confirmation.The three quarter whippet x greyhound  is a better coursing dog in the field and has electrifying thrust and zest.than an half bred....this applies to the collie bred lurcher I've witnessed a three quarter bred lurcher that came from my mates in Cornwall f***ing humiliate rabbits being lamped a statement ? fully substituted and agreed by those who use such lurchers. With a deep barrel chest and cat feet inherited from its whippet sire and its height length and muzzle that's inherited from its greyhound dam are with all probability a longdogs from breeding ingredients of both whippet and greyhound is often ? the requirements needed as an ultimate catch dog.now then all the retarted fuckers who are still on their deck and dory books infant class material ? please wise up a little I know it will be hard for you but....try to educated  yourselves by working hard with your chosen running dogs be it lurcher strain or longdog hybrid  yours in field sports. Carl rude boy Williams. 

20210521_150142.jpg

Be No good round here...would need a new dog everytime you went out...break to easy..that's why nobody keeps them anymore..plus Wales ain't rammed with rabbits and your whippet X's ain't catching  to many  puss on the tops...and let's be honest...they no fox dogs...so pretty much one trick ponies...you be better off breeding and peddling some bushers Carl,times have changed and you having a sabbatical all these yrs has left you out of touch?post-99494-0-17105500-1502900500_thumb.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1