Carl Williams

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

11 hours ago, baker boy said:

Says in one of the threads 70s, 80s and early 90s

My Dad had one of his first cross whippet x greyhounds. I'm sure the sire was a whippet called Bow so I always presumed they were 'new' at the time...but that was at the same time as I bought my first lurcher so would have been c. 91-2.

I may even have a photo of it somewhere. If I find it I'll put it up. Won't be great quality though as it'll be a photo of a photo.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Neal said:

My Dad had one of his first cross whippet x greyhounds. I'm sure the sire was a whippet called Bow so I always presumed they were 'new' at the time...but that was at the same time as I bought my first lurcher so would have been c. 91-2.

I may even have a photo of it somewhere. If I find it I'll put it up. Won't be great quality though as it'll be a photo of a photo.

Be very interesting to see the replies to this post.  ?

11 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Just sell the thing lol or gift them the cream rises and you can always use it in future 

I find it strange that a working man with working dogs thinks there to good for the common folk lol talking the high ground is what the rich a done for century's ?

Exactly just sell, gift or put down, they are the surplus. In an ideal world you might keep the lot like Greyhound breeders do until you can see more of them as saplings, but failing that the ordinary bloke just breeds to improve on the parents and makes his choice. The ones that go elsewhere are out of his hands and gone.

7 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Exactly just sell, gift or put down, they are the surplus. In an ideal world you might keep the lot like Greyhound breeders do until you can see more of them as saplings, but failing that the ordinary bloke just breeds to improve on the parents and makes his choice. The ones that go elsewhere are out of his hands and gone.

Just throw away animals then ? No wonder the pounds are full.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Not necessarily gone 

25 minutes ago, jeemes said:

?just breed them i would keep 2 max just so they can chase about as pups keeping more you haven't got much faith in what your breeding have you  ? 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Just throw away animals then ? No wonder the pounds are full.

Lol the world is mad aussie if you have pups do good by them sell them on what happens then isn't on you mate and is no different to when you have worker and it snaps something or doesn't make grade 

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't  keep in touch ask pics etc become mates if they was in bad nick pull them but thats as much as can be expected 0?

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Who the fck is Carl Williams anyway?, only bloke over here with that name was a fat ass gangster wanna be who couldn't fight for shit and pissed himself when the coppers got him. Ended up with an iron bar in his skull in jail, R.I.P Carl.

I'd rather b e one a your dogs then one a your  neighbours aussie ? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Lol the world is mad aussie if you have pups do good by them sell them on what happens then isn't on you mate and is no different to when you have worker and it snaps something or doesn't make grade 

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't  keep in touch ask pics etc become mates if they was in bad nick pull them but thats as much as can be expected 0?

I understand and can't do much else but people, if they want to breed working dogs should only breed from the best and not bring heaps of unwanted pups into the world with no hope imo.

• Like 2