Carl Williams

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Shaark the above was posted by Rudeboy, I'm sure he wont mind me posting it

Thanks b b, I'm just trying to ascertain whether he's really saying the original 'bowline' dogs go back to the 70's.  ?

5 hours ago, OldPhil said:

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be culled ruthlessly and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly and test them, to the full over a few seasons,...otherwise, the phrase means nothing...?

I've bred a few pups and I could have bred and sold/gifted dozens,.but as a commercial breeder of lurchers once told me, " Phil, you will never make a dog breeder because you ask too many questions, of a prospective customer"...I rated his remarks as a great compliment....?

img Scans285.jpg

I think you should concern yourself more about the ones you keep, because they are your selection. The stuff that goes out the door is that which you didnt think worth keeping. If you have to question prospective buyers then you dont know them, and will probably be lied to anyway.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
15 minutes ago, jeemes said:

I think you should concern yourself more about the ones you keep, because they are your selection. The stuff that goes out the door is that which you didnt think worth keeping. If you have to question prospective buyers then you dont know them, and will probably be lied to anyway.  

Just sell the thing lol or gift them the cream rises and you can always use it in future 

I find it strange that a working man with working dogs thinks there to good for the common folk lol talking the high ground is what the rich a done for century's ?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Its more about keeping them out of the hands of idiots I would imagine

Lol thats called having delusions of grandeur lol who is to say who's an idiot and do idiots not look after a dog mate if only it was that easy lol 

4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Just sell the thing lol or gift them the cream rises and you can always use it in future 

I find it strange that a working man with working dogs thinks there to good for the common folk lol talking the high ground is what the rich a done for century's ?

I'm a poor cnt with working dogs and I think my dogs are too good for common, rare, whatever folks you want. It's why I won't breed a litter nowadays. The cream can sink if it's in the hands of a loser.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, jeemes said:

If your ones are great and everyone elses are shit your just be known as bieng kennel blind anyway. 

and all the good running dogs ive had have been abit linebred/inbred wouldnt own one thats not tbh

• Like 2

If it was to be a line I’d e starting with a few unrelated whippets and greyhounds and go from there, get stock out there grafting then put the best to the best and continue on like that. Not really worth it though as your going to get what’s needed from the first cross anyway. Half cross, 3/4 greyhound and 1/4 whippet and 3/4 whippet 1/4 greyhound would be all you would need to breed. Not a line just types, very handy types

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I reckon start off with two good unrelated grey bitches and put a top working whippet over both. You can add different greyhound or whippet blood depending what you want down the track when it gets too close.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1

Who the fck is Carl Williams anyway?, only bloke over here with that name was a fat ass gangster wanna be who couldn't fight for shit and pissed himself when the coppers got him. Ended up with an iron bar in his skull in jail, R.I.P Carl.

26 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Who the fck is Carl Williams anyway?, only bloke over here with that name was a fat ass gangster wanna be who couldn't fight for shit and pissed himself when the coppers got him. Ended up with an iron bar in his skull in jail, R.I.P Carl.

Was he the painters and dockers, or just another bare bum in the shower?

6 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Was he the painters and dockers, or just another bare bum in the shower?

Supposed to be an enforcer, my gran an SP bookie who lived until nearly 100 said he was a dickhead, that's all I know.