Carl Williams

On 22/05/2021 at 19:27, W. Katchum said:

Both pures are a joy to be around, so it’s fair to say the crosses are nice easy dogs to live with ?

True words W. Katchum...

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 12

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

True words W. Katchum...

This is Blue,...a poor troubled soul, but an amazingly fleet-footed runner, and one of the few lurchers Ive seen that could spin over the awesome hares that inhabit Salisbury Plain. 

She is the Grand Dam of my current stock...?

DSC_0131.JPG

Bowline? ? 

Lol

Sorry mate, I'll have a word with myself!  ?

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be culled ruthlessly and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly and test them, to the full over a few seasons,...otherwise, the phrase means nothing...?

I've bred a few pups and I could have bred and sold/gifted dozens,.but as a commercial breeder of lurchers once told me, " Phil, you will never make a dog breeder because you ask too many questions, of a prospective customer"...I rated his remarks as a great compliment....?

img Scans263.jpg

They norfolk type lurchers phil?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

True words W. Katchum...

This is Blue,...a poor troubled soul, but an amazingly fleet-footed runner, and one of the few lurchers Ive seen that could spin over the awesome hares that inhabit Salisbury Plain. 

She is the Grand Dam of my current stock...?

DSC_0131.JPG

Shite  coat phil? Had seen blue ones suffer mate hard to keep right

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I heard he got the luke dog for the price of a pint after it pulled up on an hare. I had a first x out of him bred by a lad in Bacup about 1990.

I heard it wasn't great runner mate but surprised it pulled they was known for been relentless to shake off ?

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I heard he got the luke dog for the price of a pint after it pulled up on an hare. I had a first x out of him bred by a lad in Bacup about 1990.

I had  first cross from him about the same time but from Ginger in Golden Valley, couldn't find the place on the map, borrowed mother's Chrysler Sunbeam cos it was better/newer than my Marina van lol 

Cheers, D.

• Haha 7
28 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I had  first cross from him about the same time but from Ginger in Golden Valley, couldn't find the place on the map, borrowed mother's Chrysler Sunbeam cos it was better/newer than my Marina van lol 

Cheers, D.

A mate had one of them he used to beg everyone’s waste oil for it coz as fast as you poured it in it would leak out ?feck times were hard under thatcher ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

A mate had one of them he used to beg everyone’s waste oil for it coz as fast as you poured it in it would leak out ?feck times were hard under thatcher ?

I had a lical garage put me a new/sh engine in mine cost about £250 all in lol 

Cheers, D.

58 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Great motors D lol bet the dog was faster and more reliable ?

Edited by green lurchers
8 hours ago, shaaark said:

So these bowline dogs go back to the 70's?

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I'll ask again, do these bowline dogs go back to the 70's?

3rd time lucky?

Do these bowline dogs go back to the 70's?

• Haha 4