Carl Williams

22 minutes ago, fireman said:

Feck off,i was just saying he runs his dogs on hills and bollocks to all your petty this hill and that quarry shit. 

Someone put fireman’s fire out ffs ? chill no need for the language 

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, fireman said:

Feck off,i was just saying he runs his dogs on hills and bollocks to all your petty this hill and that quarry shit. 

No need to be a rude little pr*ck is there?

Im just saying the two lads hunt different quarry on different ground which runs different.

Might, quite possible, be why no one runs a saluki x or coursing type hunting foxes on the welsh hills, but a number of folk run them on Scottish moorland after deer.

As someone who does a lot of it recently said to me for the foxing on welsh hills you want either small and agile or big and thick set. Also unlikE the big Scottish game which the lads are after, you got to let the dogs hunt and find the fox with their nose, not walk your legs off till you spy them stood out in a valley, and then slip the dogs on them. Hence, most likely, the popularity of hound xs and short and stocky collie bull greys etc

So yer ....... feck off.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i havent done 30 mile in alot a years mate winter 

it be alot more than walking round the local footie pitch that your used to mate ?

no seriuos if you popped up 1 a jan for a day in the slop you would proberly jack mate 

One of lads who plays for Wigan used to come with me and tell you what he was hanging out his arse a few times on the black land just couldn't hack it different types of fitness trudging wet slop all day to playing a game of rugby and training a few hour a day 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kalibrgun said:

One of lads who plays for Wigan used to come with me and tell you what he was hanging out his arse a few times on the black land just couldn't hack it different types of fitness trudging wet slop all day to playing a game of rugby and training a few hour a day 

?if I just lamped then tried a day January all day I wouldn't make it mate like you say have to build up with out really realising it you turn into a plodder lol ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, king said:

10 is still some going on that heather type ground mate ? it's energy sapping walking on that..

Not kidding I've been on a job today bunny bashing with the rifle took the pup with me just sat down with a jar now my legs are in bits got there at 11 this morning over wet shitty moorland and hillsides. Got the next farm out of it though now so a good 2 1/2 3 mile hillside from river bottom to Heather moors 

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?if I just lamped then tried a day January all day I wouldn't make it mate like you say have to build up with out really realising it you turn into a plodder lol ?

We've done it set off early morning on the land coursing keeping one on one the lead all day then run that dog on the lamp and leave the one that's ran its legs off coursing in the motor with some good and water then get home the next morning early hours covered some distances. When I got my first "own" dog it was a good 9/10 mile to where there was an old rabbit scrat then couple more miles til we saw sumat to run setting off at 6 in morning as kids getting back well after dark and a clip round ear for not coming in for tea easy covered 25/30 mile 

7 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

We've done it set off early morning on the land coursing keeping one on one the lead all day then run that dog on the lamp and leave the one that's ran its legs off coursing in the motor with some good and water then get home the next morning early hours covered some distances. When I got my first "own" dog it was a good 9/10 mile to where there was an old rabbit scrat then couple more miles til we saw sumat to run setting off at 6 in morning as kids getting back well after dark and a clip round ear for not coming in for tea easy covered 25/30 mile 

?one young lad skinny 5 ft 6 8 stone 14  went lamping 6 hour c**t had car battery on back full night should a been in the sas ? 

I'd have 3 us 7ah battery each easy work ? 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?one young lad skinny 5 ft 6 8 stone 14  went lamping 6 hour c**t had car battery on back full night should a been in the sas ? 

I'd have 3 us 7ah battery each easy work ? 

We started with old motorbike batteries then would end up falling over spilling acid going home with holes in jacket ? them 14amp golf cart batteries were ok then lithium came out and all I'll use now lol. Seen some decent hare numbers today on big meadow fields just below the moors farmer going mad over em "eating all his grass" lol 

45 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Not kidding I've been on a job today bunny bashing with the rifle took the pup with me just sat down with a jar now my legs are in bits got there at 11 this morning over wet shitty moorland and hillsides. Got the next farm out of it though now so a good 2 1/2 3 mile hillside from river bottom to Heather moors 

Proper hard going on that ground mate..bet the pup is out cold aswell lol.

7 minutes ago, king said:

Proper hard going on that ground mate..bet the pup is out cold aswell lol.

She's had her Scran a bath and rub down dried off and vanished just had to look for her she's snook upstairs to my lad laid at the side of his bed ? she can stay with him she did well today she's had 3 rabbits one was a decent enough run the other 2 were easy but all confidence my lads over the moon with his little bitch

• Like 4

Well hi fellow friends much appreciated for certain individuals comments in replying to my views and chosen comments on the true bred whippet x greyhound longdog/hybrids.im now 62 and still fit as a fiddle in the 70s 80s and 90s i bred a true line of whippet x greys a longdog/hybrid that prevailed in the coursing and lamping field a true bred keen honest working merchant which instinctually  pursued its chosen quarry.W ith its very deep barreled chest and balled foot inherited from its inherited whippet sire and its long lean length of back and its lightning taderust from its greyhound dam made these particularly long dogs ideal candidates for the hunting field in so far as a purposely equipment to pursue and claim hares rabbit and fox I hunted with these superb intelligent catch dogs for 30 odd years and kept literally dozens of pages of data upon them in order to moreorless write a book on them.Over the years I've written various articles on lurcher and longdog 

4 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Well hi fellow friends much appreciated for certain individuals comments in replying to my views and chosen comments on the true bred whippet x greyhound longdog/hybrids.im now 62 and still fit as a fiddle in the 70s 80s and 90s i bred a true line of whippet x greys a longdog/hybrid that prevailed in the coursing and lamping field a true bred keen honest working merchant which instinctually  pursued its chosen quarry.W ith its very deep barreled chest and balled foot inherited from its inherited whippet sire and its long lean length of back and its lightning taderust from its greyhound dam made these particularly long dogs ideal candidates for the hunting field in so far as a purposely equipment to pursue and claim hares rabbit and fox I hunted with these superb intelligent catch dogs for 30 odd years and kept literally dozens of pages of data upon them in order to moreorless write a book on them.Over the years I've written various articles on lurcher and longdog 

Not being sarky but you got ya work cut out finding best coursing whippet in the country to kick start ya line with the Irish greys but best of luck in ya quest 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Not being sarky but you got ya work cut out finding best coursing whippet in the country to kick start ya line with the Irish greys but best of luck in ya quest 

A moot point, depending on what country we are talking about. But no competative coursing in the UK anymore. 

Edited by eastcoast
20 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

We started with old motorbike batteries then would end up falling over spilling acid going home with holes in jacket ? them 14amp golf cart batteries were ok then lithium came out and all I'll use now lol. Seen some decent hare numbers today on big meadow fields just below the moors farmer going mad over em "eating all his grass" lol 

Aye and the old bsa Bantam headlight with a cut off brush stale for a handle