Saturday's show was good,

Good to see you there Den, Yesterdays show was crap. Should have went to

Dunns. If you had a brindle dog, you had a chance.

Prefer your Judging, you are constructive not negative.

Me and Jimmy had a good conversation about that, all good Den. :clapper::toast:

meant to say. Good advice you gave. My Bull x won and may go to the nationals.

Thanks.

glad i could help , hope you do well at the nationals too ----atb den

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a crock.....are you saying that all small hunt or charity shows have to have a risk assessment,all volunteers manning a barbeque must have food hygene certificates.disabled ramps and access,vet o

The wood behind the show rings was big enough for every body i thought. :11:   A good show, well run by Brian and Tom and the lads and very well attended.     LL.

dont get me started. health and safety. are you the guy that tried to kick me of site for standing on a shutter three foot off the ground. the nielston show was for workin lads. and we get enough of

I'm with foxgun Tom on this one. Was a great show at Nielston with some decent lads turning out.

Nielston is the only 'working' terrier show I ever attend.

And as for the ladies toilet situation, entry fee was £1 - what do you expect. I was with a lass all day and she never said it was an issue.

FTB

The wood behind the show rings was big enough for every body i thought. :11:

A good show, well run by Brian and Tom and the lads and very well attended.

LL.

it was tailor made. and next year i will personally hold a towel up for the ladies. :D and hold the loo roll on my speciel holder 8)

Fair enough Tam.

I know the lad judging didn't have any brindles, but enough comments were

made with regards the amount that was picked. I had one that was picked,

fairs fair. there was a lot of tiger stripes being picked. think about it.

On the Toilet, I am sure there was a risk assesment made with regards running the show

and the public liability Insurance was paid. This would help with the injuries that

could have happened if someone got hurt falling down the hill whilst they were squating.

there is no prizes for not following to Health and Safety procedure for holding events.

It's not about the lack of complaints it's all about Health and Safety.

I've said my peice on it and aint saying anymore.

Just pointing out some things. No need to get uptight and angry about it.

TAKE IT ON THE CHIN!

What a crock.....are you saying that all small hunt or charity shows have to have a risk assessment,all volunteers manning a barbeque must have food hygene certificates.disabled ramps and access,vet on site,gambling and gaming licence to sell raffle tickets.

get real!!

What do these girls do on a days ferreting or a night out lamping? do they have a portaloo in tow?

Edited by jeterrier
  • Like 2

What a crock.....are you saying that all small hunt or charity shows have to have a risk assessment,all volunteers manning a barbeque must have food hygene certificates.disabled ramps and access,vet on site,gambling and gaming licence to sell raffle tickets.

get real!!

What do these girls do on a days ferreting or a night out lamping? do they have a portaloo in tow?

good point mate you see tons of birds at shows walking round with lurchers and terriers but how many do you see in the winter ferreting lamping digging etc :thumbs:

good point mate you see tons of birds at shows walking round with lurchers and terriers but how many do you see in the winter ferreting lamping digging etc :thumbs:

To be fair though Nora, how many of the lads who go to shows do you see in the winter ferreting, lamping, digging etc :laugh:

FTB

Just a comment on the brindle/judge subject; I've seen the lad judge a couple of times, and think he is an honest judge who genuinely works his own dogs, unlike a lot of judges. Yes there were a few brindle dogs winning, including two of mine, but looking around the show there seemed to be an awful lot of brindles around, more than usual, and some very nice examples. I can't see how the judge was baised when he gave a very nice light fawn dog the puppy championship, (deservedly), over my brindle bitch. No complaints about the judging or the show from me.

Cheers.

Most clubs including the NLRC make more money at shows from non working lurcher and terrier owners than they do from working dog people.

Thats the reason we run shows to make money for our clubs and to promote the dogs, there is room for both, shows are beauty shows and a part from knowing the owners its not easy to decide what works and what doesnt and to what level.

Also something that doesnt get mentioned is that a greater amount of non workers supported our cause against the hunting bans north and south of the border than many working dog owners, a lot i spoke to said they werent bothered they would continue to work dogs, ban or no ban, so lets not forget that.

Working dog owners have their own circle of friends and breed from working stock to produce workers, the show people do their thing to meet their needs, so its not a case of inferior working dogs being bred.

The fact is that if all lurcher and terrier owners worked their dogs, there would be less game for those of us that do.

Live and let live, and we all make mistakes, give the NLRC the benefit of hindsight and hope lessons are learned, because they also like other clubs do a lot of good work.

To be fair though Nora, how many of the lads who go to shows do you see in the winter ferreting, lamping, digging etc :laugh:

FTB

how many dogs do you see with there owners out at winter makes you wonder where they all come from at the shows :thumbs: