Amateur snaring

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looked to be a good thread till it turned into a cock off... All the best trappa let us know how it goes,   Bleachtastesnice

go on a snaring course with peg and gun he is on this forum send him a pm and tell him you want to learn to snare he improoved my snaring by a hell of alot you will have to pay but its worth every penny havving some one else show you is loads better than going back to untouched or nocked snares and four fingers is far too low 5 - 6 on short grass even higher if the grass gets longer

watchman you talk a load of sh.te you cant and never could snare rabbits and instead of trying to defend your ignorence why not stop your pathetic replies and learn how to snare properly and stop giving advice on subjects you know f,,k all about...aaah that feels better now hows all you trappers and snarers doing out their hope your all getting ready for the new season....thanks...P&G

dont listen to watchmen he doesnt know what hes talking, about read the pinned articles and by woodgas DVD.

sorry mate,yeah your right,never caught a rabbit in a snare before,must try harder to know it all,forgot if you dont do it and follow the crowd your wrong,but hey you know better,at least i know where to get wire for tealers you cock,you sorted out your insulation yet for your kennels,god help us :wallbash:

watchmen id be suprised if you had ever snared a rabbit in your life, and by the way mate got the Kennels sorted and got some fence wire so i can make my own snares. its not following the band wagon its just the best way of doing it, if you want nocked snares and to waste youre time carry on doing it 4 fingers high, if not read the pinned articles and get your snares up higher. once youve got the the nack of setting them right it will really improve your catch rate.

ok,firstly as a youngster i would regularly set snares at a local hot spot with very good results,the snares were checked twice a day,on the way to school on my bike,i would then hand my catch over to the old man at the school gates whilst he dropped off my younger brother,not hundreds, usually 15/20 snares was all i had,then checked again before last light,agree 4 fingers was prob not the exact height but not going to retract that statement it was a rough guideline,if its wrong then ok,but it worked for me,and yes more than willing to agree if i had set them slightly higher my catch rate may well have increased,glad you got your kennels and wire for tealers sorted :thumbs:

Stupid boy

thankyou

any time :thumbs:

not to stupid though

002-4.jpgas good a rough measure as any

Must be TINY hares!

'pegandgun' 05 July 2010 -hows all you trappers and snarers doing out their hope your all getting ready for the new season....thanks...P&G

:yes: tealers made,wires spun,springs cleaned,pegs and anchors sorted,just got to get the collection of trap hammers polished.... B)