.177 convert

I usually shoot with a .22 S410 and have always hunted with .22 but thursday I bought a cheap .177 Raider off of jonesr116 who is a top bloke, anyway yesterday I went to a permission about 5 o'clock to zero it in and there was loads of pigeons flying about, so first things first I set the board up at 45 yards got comfy and set the gun up while I was doing this I had woodys landing in the trees to my left and ferals landing on the barns to the right, after about five minutes I was happy with the gun so using some steel containers as cover I made some ground up and shot the first wood pigeon of the day, I then backtracked into the farmyard and added a feral to the bag I then spent the next couple of hours doing the farm on rotation and ended up shooting 6 woodys and 7 ferals I couldnt pick them all up as some of the ferals were on the roof and some of the woodys fell into thick cover, I left at 7.45pm as I had to be home at 9 to be taxi dad but I couldn,t resist calling in another permission on the way as I wanted to bag a rabbit, I left the van by the farmhouse and crept up to the orchard where I normally park there is always rabbits in there and this time was no exception but they were all about the size of a tennis ball so I didn't bother with them but there was a hooded crow on top of a big leanto barn he was quite a range but I put the crosshairs on top of his head and pulled the trigger, I thought I had missed him as he seemed to hop twice down the roof before falling to the ground stone dead as he hit the ground a magpie swooped down next to him so he got as well, I decided to walk up to the first field as I know theres a fair few rabbits up by they haybarn as I got up the top I saw a bunny about 30 yards out so a easy headshot and he was mine I reloaded and crept around the corner just in case there was any more out feeding there wasn't but there was a woody up in the trees so I added him to the bag I then looked at the watch and realised I had to get home, this was a brilliant afternoons sport I was really pleased with the .177 just might swap the s410 .22 for a .177 atb nasher1post-26754-127332038278.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here ya go buddy   http://www.livingart.org.uk/illustrations/avian/pigeon-anatomy-copy.jpg   http://www.livingart.org.uk/illustrations/Veterinary/rabbit-anatomy.jpg   regards   davy

Posted Images

Nice going :clapper:

Dont you just love it when things come together like that? :gunsmilie:

That rifle looks sweet.

I've been thinking about maybe laying my hands on a .177 hunter :yes:

The .177 pellets are cheaper than the .22 :whistling:

Phantom

nice going there pal.

nice to have another 177 convert.

was the same my self always had 22 then got the 177 and just keep impressing myself with the range that i can shoot at. been drilling targets at 75yards wouldent dream of it with the 22. droped a bunnie at 50 with just a small amount of hold over.

just go's to show you dont need a lump hammer to put a tack in.

happy hunting mate.

Andy

why swap the .22 for .177 for 130 quid you can get it changed from .22 to .177

atb gary

Where can I get this done for £130 and do they adjust the power to suit atb nasher1

hi ya lads

i have the raider 2 shot in 22 and 177 and yes i am greedy lol but i like to see the difference between the 2 guns even though they are the same apart from cal tony me old pal the 177 hunter you would love matey but always best to keep both cals as if you dont get on with it then you feel s##t for getting rid but worth a good look my falcon fn19 177 is a cracking gun and i dont leave home with out it just want to get a nice skeleton stock for her and then i will be happy :thumbs::clapper:

shay

Hi Nasher.

Bloody good shooting mate, nice bag there.

Must admit I have been impressed with the .177, but still like my .22 aswell. :D

Re the change over from .22 to .177 I think there may be more to it than just swopping the barrels over, need to check that out before you shell out the £130ish.

As the work required to change may cost nearly as much as a new rifle :icon_eek:

ATB.

Bill.

hi lads

heres the link to tha place that does the conversions from .22 to .177 or visa versa http://manticorerifles.piczo.com/prices?cr=3&linkvar=000044

atb gary

Hi Gary.

Well that link has shut me up good and propper....supprised me too :thumbs::yes::D

I thought there was quite a bit of work needeed to convert a PCP rifles calibre.

New Barrel.

Internals i.e tranfer port machineing.

Breach

Power adjustment

New pellet probe.

Postage.

That price of a £130.00 is a Bargain!!

Bill.

Not if you don't have the 130 to do it with :whistling:

Looks like they do some decent work over there. But they must, absolutely must improve their photography if they want to use the gallery to sell their work.

Those images are way to cluttered. Simple while sheet hung over the bed and headboard and guns on that when taking pix and that would improve things 100%

Wonder :hmm: about the same price to convert Sexy 200 and tighten her hole up by a millimeter :laugh:

Phantom

Looks like they do some decent work over there. But they must, absolutely must improve their photography if they want to use the gallery to sell their work.

Those images are way to cluttered. Simple while sheet hung over the bed and headboard and guns on that when taking pix and that would improve things 100%

Wonder :hmm: about the same price to convert Sexy 200 and tighten her hole up by a millimeter :laugh:

Phantom

Is she a bit slack Tony :whistling::D

Phantom

Is she a bit slack Tony :whistling::D

or tony's a bit small :tongue2::whistling: :whistling: