alaunt bull greyhounds

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like a great dane with rickets.... Rinky boy?

No £££££££££

Alaunts be f****d ??‍♂️ 

Posted Images

Someone said to me before I got him that they are dog killers, and I've had bull xs before so wasn't too bothered but I had to pts last year because he nearly killed one of my other dogs, with him been so big and strong I just couldn't trust him anymore and the walks were stressful incase we came across another dog, but he's in the best place now and I k ow he's not getting treated like shit by anyone, he was such a nice dog with people and he was a big softie really, I've seen bull xs loose their heads when working before but this thing was a different animal, do miss him but it was the right thing to do at the time and defo wouldn't have another bullx 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Someone said to me before I got him that they are dog killers, and I've had bull xs before so wasn't too bothered but I had to pts last year because he nearly killed one of my other dogs, with him been so big and strong I just couldn't trust him anymore and the walks were stressful incase we came across another dog, but he's in the best place now and I k ow he's not getting treated like shit by anyone, he was such a nice dog with people and he was a big softie really, I've seen bull xs loose their heads when working before but this thing was a different animal, do miss him but it was the right thing to do at the time and defo wouldn't have another bullx 

Sounds like you knows the craic.... Best place for him mate?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

fair enough mate, not knocking any type dog  myself, as ive got 1x gsdx grey, that most people wouldnt like  purely  on a appearance  , yet as working dog  he prob me best lurcher ive  had in 30 odd years , great in the lamp, good pace / stamina , temp you want beat it , great with people/ dogs . i know where you coming from regards  very stressful with other dogs, had kellpiex collie x grey  bitch , would attack any dog in sight   fookin nightmare   only 50 lb but very strong for her size , if she had Buck size / power   they be dead dogs deff , so somthing like you had you done the right thing . to me  really , i  rather have well line  bred 1 x pit x grey  2nd 1x  from proven parents  doing what they been bred for. the onlything with the Alunt  you might get is maybe better gusrd dog than a 1x bull x grey, my bullxs were ok with people and ok with other dogs if they were ok with them . with genetics   in dogs you never really know what will come through , just take my dog Buck  1/2 Alsatian  , now there a guard  breed dog, yet he loves people, he dont guard lol, but he  full on hunting  , thats deff come from his sire the greyhound   razzmatzz   ,  he knew what rabbits were lol . the bullmastiff in alunts i know that , they guard alot more than a greyhound or a pit would, but bullmastiffs got lot of health issues  , i wouldnt like to put that in a greyhound , but fair play trying recreate a   extinct  breed, as the alunt was from reading about them a top class guard / hunting / wild pig dog .:thumbs: 

12 minutes ago, poxon said:

This is all I see with alaunts Ramsey Bolton wanna bees 

7C7F2970-3DA0-447D-8928-883363D4FC49.jpeg

Words out of my mouth poxon 

my misses had a very heavy set athletic boxer , when we were dating we were walking him in town and some punter stopped to tell us he was an alaunt. He was. Funny shape as he had hips higher than his shoulders and was brindle but if that’s what an alaunt is , a big daft windy boxer , you can keep them ... ??

1 hour ago, bird said:

fair enough mate, not knocking any type dog  myself, as ive got 1x gsdx grey, that most people wouldnt like  purely  on a appearance  , yet as working dog  he prob me best lurcher ive  had in 30 odd years , great in the lamp, good pace / stamina , temp you want beat it , great with people/ dogs . i know where you coming from regards  very stressful with other dogs, had kellpiex collie x grey  bitch , would attack any dog in sight   fookin nightmare   only 50 lb but very strong for her size , if she had Buck size / power   they be dead dogs deff , so somthing like you had you done the right thing . to me  really , i  rather have well line  bred 1 x pit x grey  2nd 1x  from proven parents  doing what they been bred for. the onlything with the Alunt  you might get is maybe better gusrd dog than a 1x bull x grey, my bullxs were ok with people and ok with other dogs if they were ok with them . with genetics   in dogs you never really know what will come through , just take my dog Buck  1/2 Alsatian  , now there a guard  breed dog, yet he loves people, he dont guard lol, but he  full on hunting  , thats deff come from his sire the greyhound   razzmatzz   ,  he knew what rabbits were lol . the bullmastiff in alunts i know that , they guard alot more than a greyhound or a pit would, but bullmastiffs got lot of health issues  , i wouldnt like to put that in a greyhound , but fair play trying recreate a   extinct  breed, as the alunt was from reading about them a top class guard / hunting / wild pig dog .:thumbs: 

If you wanted a good guard an a pig dog with bit  of substance you could make do with a purebred rotty apparently. ?

No need to reinvent a mystical breed to attach your name too. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Penda said:

Hard to find now my pals after an alaunt 

Is he looking with his eyes closed ?? I seen 4 or 5 litters advertised last year