best small lurcher

On 11/05/2010 at 00:26, Guest michael.hudson7 said:

It is easy to see and tell that you are all fans of the beddy cros and i do have to say rightly so they are the bussiness,however my ousin has got a whippet almost pure with a dash of stafford and i have never seen such a keen rabbiting dog bushing, ferreting yet to be proven on the lamp but i have no wories that she we will do te business. amazingly keen and a nose that will sniff a rabbit out in any cover.

Ahh the bull cross ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 beddy crosses 3rd night on the lamp  like any cross right breeding you won't go long with any cross 

your better with a small lurcher mate. straight whippets are good little dogs but if your gonna give it plenty of all round work your better to get a terrier cross whippet   Ozzy wheaten /whippet a

3/4 Whippet 1/4 Beddy...............

Posted Images

Been a few cracking litters of collie/whippets about the last couple of years. 1st cross, 5/8 3/8ths and 3/4 breds. Couple of members on here with em too. Be just as much, if not more use and more versatile and trainable than a beddy cross. Depending on your aspirations and needs I suppose though. 

No offence to small beddy cross owners. But with lamping listed as a requirement, some of these beddy crosses can be HELL if they miss! Lol.

Should also point out, I know collie crosses, or any cross really, can also be hard work if not trained properly with recall etc, especially when lamping. But some of these beddy crosses have a very stubborn streak, which together with their superb nose, makes training a little more difficult

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Been a few cracking litters of collie/whippets about the last couple of years. 1st cross, 5/8 3/8ths and 3/4 breds. Couple of members on here with em too. Be just as much, if not more use and more versatile and trainable than a beddy cross. Depending on your aspirations and needs I suppose though. 

No offence to small beddy cross owners. But with lamping listed as a requirement, some of these beddy crosses can be HELL if they miss! Lol.

Should also point out, I know collie crosses, or any cross really, can also be hard work if not trained properly with recall etc, especially when lamping. But some of these beddy crosses have a very stubborn streak, which together with their superb nose, makes training a little more difficult

2 beddy crosses 3rd night on the lamp IMG_1515080733392.thumb.jpg.00151acbf58ec3247fdf0fb200c519d5.jpg like any cross right breeding you won't go long with any cross 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

2 beddy crosses 3rd night on the lamp IMG_1515080733392.thumb.jpg.00151acbf58ec3247fdf0fb200c519d5.jpg like any cross right breeding you won't go long with any cross 

I know this type is 'your type' nl. But the dogs I've seen at work , daytime and lamping, of this type, have been great dogs in the day, but alot more than hard work at nigh, ie lamping.

But could well be the owners as much as the cross/type. Because obedience and 'working' with the pups wasn't at the top of their list lol

10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I know this type is 'your type' nl. But the dogs I've seen at work , daytime and lamping, of this type, have been great dogs in the day, but alot more than hard work at nigh, ie lamping.

But could well be the owners as much as the cross/type. Because obedience and 'working' with the pups wasn't at the top of their list lol

The 2 young dogs I had took to.it like a duck to water shark but I know where your coming from  even Bruce hunts like a hound during the day night time after a miss straight back to.your side picked it up on the second night out some just do and some don't in any cross 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

The 2 young dogs I had took to.it like a duck to water shark but I know where your coming from  even Bruce hunts like a hound during the day night time after a miss straight back to.your side picked it up on the second night out some just do and some don't in any cross 

Must be the man as well tho 

? hee

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, brambles said:

It's those fancy training techniques that you apply that encourages them straight back after a miss ?

Its a secret atween them bobcock owners if you aint gorra scottish accent it dont work either so im told