Sealyhams. Anyone working them?

i have 3 sealyhams terriers and 1 bedlington terrier in.i work them all together and the sealyhams are outstanding.1 off the bitches is the best terrier iv got or ever had.i dont use the net much but il try and get a photo up to have a look at.let me no [bANNED TEXT] you think

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL STABS ,   I DUG TO A FEW DOGS FROM THAT AREA ..... NEVER SAW A BAD UN ........ PPs JASPER , I THINK I REMEMBER HAVING SEEN HIM AT THE OLD QUARRY ABOVE ELDON BRICKWORKS .... THOUGH THERE

Well give them to your mates then! Don't get rid of the lot in a moment of anger.   You will regret it once your back on your feet.   FTB

Posted Images

Last time I spoke to M.R was at the terrier club AGM about 3yrs ago. I asked him about his 'Sealyhams' which he replied they weren't really Sealyhams anymore as they had to outcross to Russells that much they were now more or less Russells. They had used good quality Russells though as an outcross in the form of duggans stuff

I thought they were never sealyhams just sealyham type looking terriers?

That's what Morris told me Bryan, the proper Sealyhams of the like they had photos in Harcombes book my mate took.

They're alleged to be a mixture of Dachshund, EBT, Sealyham, JRT & whatever!!! So definitely a working Sealyham type bred for purpose!

Sounds good enough to me

They're alleged to be a mixture of Dachshund, EBT, Sealyham, JRT & whatever!!! So definitely a working Sealyham type bred for purpose!

Sounds good enough to me

I dont know much about this breed,but the picture in Darcy's book certainly looks the part!

Terrier work 2 on page 80.

I believe they are a type. Rather than a specific "breed". The lads with the long term welfare of the dogs working ability at their hearts will only use digging dogs over digging bitches with work being the only criteria. :victory:

Although there is only a smallish gene pool i wish them well..... :victory:

I believe they are a type. Rather than a specific "breed". The lads with the long term welfare of the dogs working ability at their hearts will only use digging dogs over digging bitches with work being the only criteria. :victory:

Although there is only a smallish gene pool i wish them well..... :victory:

Me Too!!

have seen a couple of their 'types' work and the ones i did,far superior to any russell ive seen work.

• 2 weeks later...

Know of only one old timer near me keeps a line of his own sealyham terriers tho never seen any of his dogs out as he does keep well to himself he works them well, Iv seen a few off his lines that a mate of his has and they do the job time and time agian.

Plenty of russels around with the sealyham blood tho. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been a fan of sealyhams for many years, but never got around to owning or working one. I wonder if there are any lads working them or crosses today, not the Sporting Lucas Terrier, not that I am decrying the S.L.T. Please can we see some photos of these brilliant little terriers.

This website has a few pics mate

http://www.llawhaden.com/sealyham_centenary/Photos_1/Sidor/Working_Sealyhams_from_Carol.html