best field chest saw

alright lads, i need a small chest saw i can carry with me when i'm stalking...what one can you reccomed and where can i buy it?

cheers.

Sagen Bone saw (the orange one is perfect for the sawing of the chest and pelvic bone.

£20.00

from www.bushwear.co.uk

Hope this helps

Regards,

BFTB

manage with out it? how the feck do you cut the chest open then? not with my £70 buck knife thats for sure!

i personally never open the chest cavity in the field to save on contamination. but if you feel the need i use this one in the larder mate but it can easily be carried in a pocket, cheaper too !!

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=316913&ClassID=206

atb

alan

alright lads, i need a small chest saw i can carry with me when i'm stalking...what one can you reccomed and where can i buy it?

cheers.

lan, for doing a full gralloch in the field I use this;

http://www.shop4gerber.co.uk/e-z_saw_gerber.html

I find it perfect for the job, and it is small, light and comes in a washable sheath.

ft

Buy yourself a cheap opinel or something similar for the job if you don't want to use your buck knife. I use a Buck bantam for all my hunting and have done deer up to the size of large fallow with no damage to the blade so can't see a problem. Or the need for a saw unless you have a disability of some sort.

'L' all you need to do is bring the knife up just to the side of the breast bone through the cartlidge mate,I never use a saw,but,I did buy a sagem saw for Foxdropper,and,I have yet to see him bring it out into the field..... :doh:

Martin

• Like 1

'L' all you need to do is bring the knife up just to the side of the breast bone through the cartlidge mate,I never use a saw,but,I did buy a sagem saw for Foxdropper,and,I have yet to see him bring it out into the field..... :doh:

Martin

What Martin said.

I've got a Buck Zipper and it slices through the cartilage on either side of the sternum, on axis and whitetails, like butter.

Its the pelvis thats tough to split.

Cheers,

Mark

As an A.W. I pesonally don't like to see the deer opened right up in the field, save this for the larder.

The pluck should be removed through the diaphram and the arse hole pulled through the pelvis.

A cut to the belly is all thats required and a cut to bleed and free the wind pipe.

the arse can either be removed in the field or tied off and removed in the larder.

All this ensures a "field gralloch" and a clean carcass.

Saws, axes and anything other than a knife or 2 and a sharpener is all that is required.

regards john. :thumbs: