.410s first dispatched fox

Put the snares out last night at my fathers house due to a fox that had swam across the pond onto the island and killed the 2 duck that were nesting there. So put 4 down and one particular one was on a fence line which was between the field where the pond was and the other side was a field with 2 sheep and a lamb in. Heres a pic of the run from the landy,

IMG00270-20100418-1501.jpg

Due to fathers Land Rover Discovery being in the dealers for a repair, he had a 59 plate defender so i used this to get to the pond as the fields are not very nice to walk through, and what a beast it was, so easy to drive and will go through anything.

IMG00271-20100418-1505.jpg

Went to check the snares in the morning, first 2 were blank then as i was driving towards the fence line on the quad where the third was I could see this movement jumping up and down then realized it was a fox. So got off the quad, walked up to the fox and one simple, quiet shot with the .410 to the head and he was dead. People who say snares are cruel have no idea what they are on about, used in the correct way, they are human, and so effective. This fox was clearly no in stress and was a healthy ******.

Picture of the snare that was set that caught charlie

IMG00266-20100418-0843.jpg

Fox on the quad

IMG00265-20100418-0835.jpg

Me and Mr.Fox

IMG00268-20100418-1007.jpg

Fox number two for me and hopefully many more to come, as i would like some ducks to breed on the pond this year.

Cheers guys