Tactical Voting

I don't really follow politics.

I've heard the phrase "Hung parliment"

Could this happen and what does it mean please?

A hung Parliament is one where neither main party has an overall majority, and a third party holds the balance of power. In practice that would mean Labour backed up by the Lib Dems.

Not to be confused with my favoured option, a hanged Parliament. In this case immediately after the election they are all strung up from lamp posts.

Ric

Hehehe...yep - I'm with you Ric :clapper:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A hung Parliament is one where neither main party has an overall majority, and a third party holds the balance of power. In practice that would mean Labour backed up by the Lib Dems.   Not to be con

Posted Images

what we need is what we will never get.

An honest, free thinking, radical, and patriotic gov't with a large majority in the house.

Then and only then will this country see true progress out of the mire we are currently in and have been since 1972

rgds

Swampy

nostalgic ning

Truth of the matter is, majority of people in this country are too comfortable. They get given hand outs to keep them sweet.

If there was an overal consensus that ukip or bnp were the party that the country wanted then they would be voted in with a overall majority. This wont happen as people are too comfortable (at the moment).

Anyone with half a brain can see how the country has gone down hill since labour came to power. They may get voted in again, not because they are the best party, but because there are a lot of people out there that have been brainwashed by thier local community or parents into voting the same way!

The word “Sheep†springs to mind. (reference: Peakoils post)

Nothing much will change, until that is that things get so bad with immigration etc that people are no longer “comfortable†but the trouble will be that when that happens, the real damage has been done and it will be too late.

I wouldn’t trust any politician, but out of the bad, there are some better ones.

Whatever happens, labour are the worse ones of the lot and I believe the party should be disbanded and banished from this country along with all the illegal immigrants, for all time.

Truth of the matter is, majority of people in this country are too comfortable. They get given hand outs to keep them sweet.

If there was an overal consensus that ukip or bnp were the party that the country wanted then they would be voted in with a overall majority. This wont happen as people are too comfortable (at the moment).

Anyone with half a brain can see how the country has gone down hill since labour came to power. They may get voted in again, not because they are the best party, but because there are a lot of people out there that have been brainwashed by thier local community or parents into voting the same way!

The word “Sheep†springs to mind. (reference: Peakoils post)

Nothing much will change, until that is that things get so bad with immigration etc that people are no longer “comfortable†but the trouble will be that when that happens, the real damage has been done and it will be too late.

I wouldn’t trust any politician, but out of the bad, there are some better ones.

Whatever happens, labour are the worse ones of the lot and I believe the party should be disbanded and banished from this country along with all the illegal immigrants, for all time.

A valid point.

Apathy is endemic in todays society.

I do however believe that you are underestimating the strength of feeling in the proletariat.

If labour wins (and there is a possibility) then that really will be the point of no return. At the moment the economy is shite immigration is out of control and society is broken. Non of these will be addressed to any effect under labour for another 4years.

If there was a realistic option for change that is to say that there was a difference between the 3 major parties then we might have a chance. However. We dont have the luxury of that choice. ergo we don't have a chance.

Vote Radical ning

post-29203-127116894608_thumb.jpg

Edited by Swampy

As a comitted nationalist there's only one party for me!! "The Scottish Nationalist Party" I've voted for them since I was 18, I'm now a 112 years old

Tom

I had you down as a reasonably sane man.

When you were 18 a certain Wm gladsone was PM. Although born a scouse he once famously said that "there was not a drop of blood in his veins that is not scottish!"

Even then Gov't was run by a "sweaty" Oh how history repeats itself. Can't wait for the re run of Wm Wallace!

:thumbs:

ATB

swampy

Not a drop of blood in my veins that is scottish.........lots of other drops but not scottish..........but I sometimes tell lies under pressure ning

PS good read below

http://theses.gla.ac.uk/1248/

Edited by Swampy

Nobody wants to see Labour back in, but in a way it might not be such a bad idea in the long run. With the state of the economy and the services, something is going to have to give sooner rather than later. If the Tories get in now, they're going to need to make some broad cuts across the board to keep the country afloat, and will naturally be blamed for it. Labour will then whine about how the Conservatives have ruined the country, 'we told you so' etc.

On the other hand, if the "I'd vote Labour no matter what" brigade manage to get them back in this time, when it all does go tits up there's nobody else to blame. Cue a landslide Conservative victory next time around, with a large majority, and there'll be no place to put the blame except Labour's very own doorstep. That said, isn't that what's been happening for the last decade? Labour screw us over while blaming everyone and everything else, while the die-hards who don't seem to realise New Labour is nothing like the good ole days (in fact Labour has undergone a radical and demonstrable shift in policy over recent years) continue to vote them back in. Sod it, string 'em all up LOL

Rainmaker, this is half the problem, just how long can a party f**k up whilst blaming everyone else from decades ago, before people wake up and see for themselves just what is going on.

I admit that I do tend to watch question time on a Thursday evening and have noted that this has been going on right up until this day, labour blaming previous governments for the problems of today.

I didn’t see them thanking conservatives when the going was good, when they first got in!!!

No, it’s a load of bollocks and down to the very people of this country who vote the retards in.

About time folk started thinking for themselves instead of being led like sheep and told/talked into voting for one party or another, just because their family has a history of voting in a particular way for a 1000 generations…

Foxgun Tom, we talked previously about scotland and where that was heading, if you want out, that’s fine, but if your out, YOUR OUT, no more scrounging from england and english taxpayers and no interfering in our affairs.

You can pay for your own health system too, as your all so unfit and unhealthy and cost twice as much to keep alive as english folk.

Looked at the link and read the thesis! my conclusion is, its a lot of pish and nonsense! nationalism in Scotland has nothing to do with religous bigotry! (fact!!). Over half of UK Labour's pledges in their current UK/national manifesto they can't carry out in Scotland? as those pledges are a matter for Scotlands devolved government and the Scottish tories have no chance of a good result here, at the minute they're only sitting with one mp in Westminster!!

John Keswick say's:

"Foxgun Tom, we talked previously about scotland and where that was heading, if you want out, that’s fine, but if your out, YOUR OUT, no more scrounging from england and english taxpayers and no interfering in our affairs.

You can pay for your own health system too, as your all so unfit and unhealthy and cost twice as much to keep alive as english folk."

Unfortunately John you show a fair degree of ignorance of the Scots, Scottish politics, Scottish/British history, the Scottish welfare and education systems

The Scottish people as a whole did not vote or take part in the decision to form or be part of a United Kingdom. England who was its primary partner also did not fulfill her obligations in the matter of the "Union of Parliements" check the link:http://www.scotshistoryonline.co.uk/union.html

Scotland does not depend only on the UK to survive as a democracy in the modern world.

We have a Nationalist government already thats putting it people first why then should we be dictated to by parties that don't hold a majority in Scotland??

Tom

Ps: don't you find it weird and unfair that the BNP and UKIP want to to realise the potential and independence of the UK as a whole and its ok for a huge number of the public, yet!!! when a large number of Scots want the same aims for Scotland "its a different kettle of fish?"

Pps: If the tories have no chance in Scotland and labour are corrupt! who do you think is the better option for Scotland?

As a comitted nationalist there's only one party for me!! "The Scottish Nationalist Party" I've voted for them since I was 18, I'm now a 112 years old

Tom

I had you down as a reasonably sane man.

When you were 18 a certain Wm gladsone was PM. Although born a scouse he once famously said that "there was not a drop of blood in his veins that is not scottish!"

Even then Gov't was run by a "sweaty" Oh how history repeats itself. Can't wait for the re run of Wm Wallace!

:thumbs:

ATB

swampy

Not a drop of blood in my veins that is scottish.........lots of other drops but not scottish..........but I sometimes tell lies under pressure ning

PS good read below

http://theses.gla.ac.uk/1248/

Edited by Foxgun Tom

I think Labour will get in or form a coalition with Liberals. I then think the next term will see us swallowed up by the EU and then next election wont mean much at all since the EU will have total power over us. I dont see much real chance of any real change and Cameron the spineless has missed out of a few chances to win this election, namely a referendum on our membership on Europe. All we hear about are the small differences between the parties but nothing bold which is what people are looking for to single out the next government.

This is the election of nothingness and we're going to be voting for three different flavours of the same thing.

I'm voting UKIP or BNP depending on which has the most votes in my area. Of course it wont make any difference where I live as it's a full blown Liberal stronghold and always has been.

The Scottish people as a whole did not vote or take part in the decision to form or be part of a United Kingdom. England who was its primary partner also did not fulfill her obligations in the matter of the "Union of Parliements"

Scotland does not depend only on the UK to survive as a democracy in the modern world.

We have a Nationalist government already thats putting it people first why then should we be dictated to by parties that don't hold a majority in Scotland??

Tom

Tom, you scots obviously hold a grudge dont ya? You are talking about shit that happened 100s of years ago, get over it... You dont hear us banging on about how the Normans or Vikings invaded us.

Now as i previously stated, i am fine with Scotland being its own country, if thats what you want, then fine. BUT if you no longer want to be part of the UK then you should be completley self sufficient on all matters and not take hand outs from the english taxpayers! Thats reasonable enough isnt it? Or do you want to have your cake and eat it?

You have your own government that puts its people first, fine! Our government should not have ANY scottish people in it (you can have Gordon back), and it should look after english people.