anyone know much on an smk xs19?

i have this air rifle and it is fine for the money. definatly capeable of humanely killing a rabbit out to 35-40m if your accurate enough.it does recoil abit but it calms down the more it is run in. you can also buy the gamo GIII trigger which fits it and makes it smoother to fire, there is a person who custom tunes these rifles within the limit and makes them very sweet guns.hope iv helped abit.

A.T.B

ian

hi,i have got one they are not bad air rifle for very little money,shot quite a few rabits and woodeys with mine with no probs,but now got my self a falcon pcp now but still use the smk now and again,does recoil but get used to it...

hi there mate

i sell these guns in the shop where i work, and as a shooter my self i tend to take all new and second hand guns out for a night to "test them".

the gun is a fab little shooter for the money but as the others have said it does come with the springers curse of the recoil.

finding the right grip and getting to know the rifle will soon make you forget about this tho.

if its a springer that you after the smks are right on the ball for the money.

have a few details about it for you

full power 11.5 flb

adjustiable rear sights hodded front

17"rifled barrel

.22 610 fps approx

.177 800 fps approx (id say that these are a little high in my opinion)

it will bounce bunnies at 35 40 yards have dun this myself.

they sell well and have never had any come bk to me.

if your lookig around the £100 mark have a look at the syntarg (11.5flb) and the synex (11flb)

or in my opinion the co2 xs78 or the qb 78, have trouble keeping these in stock as they sell them selves.

see www.sportsmk.co.uk for all these and full reviews.

hope some of this helps.

andy.

I think Tony (Phantom) has

He will be around later no doubt.

Si

What have I done now?

You didn't see me do it

You can't prove it was me either :angel:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously,

My Beast is the SMK XS Mod19 :yes:

In my opinion, its as sweet as a nut. I've got a custom silencer on it and I have put some felt pads between the action and the stock to limit the sound of the action through the wood.

I've also taken off the fromt and rear sights and stuck an SMK 3-9x40 Scope on it (scope's not much cop in the dark, but great in daylight hours).

My 1st kill with the beast was a mouse at just over 10 yards all the many others have been bunnies out to 35 yards, put pellets through an old Metal Castrol Oil can at 50 yards.

Recoil is easy to master and as said elsewhere, they calm down a fair bit once run it :yes:

Here she is with her second Bunny, perfect head shot at 35 yards.

2whjbpl.jpg

Phantom

2whjbpl.jpg

cheers all for replies :)

off tomorrow to buy it, zero it, few practice shots and off to my permission :gunsmilie:

what pellets does yours 'like'?

and anyone got a good website to tell me how to clean it properly and maintain it?

cheers :thumbs: :thumbs:

Bill. ;)

Mine just loves AA Field Diablo's 5.51

Clean it with a soft cloth on the outside then rub an oiled cloth over the metalwork and thats about it for maintainance.

If you want technical help, then Buster123 and I will advise you to visit

http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/

I've not cleaned the barrel as of yet as there has not been sufficiant need to do so.

If its out in the rain dry it well, then proceed as normal with thwe oild cloth :yes:

Phantom

• 11 years later...
23 hours ago, Rob7877 said:

Iv,e just taken ownership of one shoot,s ok out of the box but after a bit of fettling, polishing the internal,s  and trigger sear ,s shoot,s a lot smoother pellet on pellet at fifteen yards with rws super doomes

? bit late

• Haha 2