wannabe keepers

"A TERRIERMAN IS OUT TESTING HIS DOGS REGULARY ................"

Again it depends what you are doing with your dogs.

Some keeper boys get bags of foxes a year with their terriers, not to test them or to prove theirselves but to achieve a goal in reducing fox population. Would you call them less of a terrierman because they dont strive for deep digs, testing quarry, continuous gameness in dogs etc etc.

I think you have a good point about some keepers not being ideal 'terrierman' but they are using dogs for the purpose they were bred for and they are doing it for a legitimate reason...so for anyone to say they should take a back seat and let the happy-go-luckys in doesnt hold any water.

Then again there are some keepers who only get half a dozen foxes a year with terriers, so it is a matter of the individual and the area - it cannot be generalised.

Just because someone uses a different method to you doesnt mean they are wrong (unless their doubling up which is :icon_eek: ).

Most keepers will also have lads to help them out with this type of work.

FTB

WELL FTB ,

YOU ARE 1000 % CORRECT !!!

I WOULD CALL THEM LESS OF A TERRIERMAN ... BECAUSE THEY DONT STRIVE FOR DEEP DIGS , TESTING QUARRY , GAMENESS IN DOGS ETC , ETC . ETC !!

AND ..... I NEVER MENTIONED LETTING HAPPY -GO - LUCKYS ON THIER PLACES THATS A DIFFERENT MATTER ALTOGETHER ! ......

AND ......

YES .......... I DONT BELIVE THEY DESERVE THE TITLE TERRIERMAN WHEN THEY GO CUBBING A FEW WEEKS OF THE YEAR AND GET HALF A DOZEN FOXES WITH A DOG .........

YEP .. THE JOB NEEDS DOING ......... BUT .... BECAUSE A MAN KNOCKS A FENCE UP ONCE IN A WHILE .. IT DOESNT MAKE HIM A JOINER !!......

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some lads new to the sport need educated but its a worry some may try to return behind your back on the permition you have worked so hard to obtain and ruin it not only for yourself but also to the qu

I'll correct you mate. Most pheasant keepers arent (IMO)that hot with terriers unless they also do it for recrreational purposes.   Grouse keepers on the other hand could more than likely show some

WELL FELLAS ,

I DO KNOW A FEW DEDICATED TERRIERMEN THAT ARE KEEPERS .....

BUT ....... ON THE WHOLE ...........

KEEPERS ARE VERY POOR IN REGARDS TO TERRIERS AND TRAPPING ...

MOST THESE DAYS WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT A RIFLE AND A LAMP

DUCKWING

I'll correct you mate. Most pheasant keepers arent (IMO)that hot with terriers unless they also do it for recrreational purposes.

Grouse keepers on the other hand could more than likely show some of the keyboard warriors on here a thing or two about terrierwork.

Been out saturday and sunday with some grouse keepers and dug 5 sooked vixens and cubs on the edge of the hill. Accounted for three dog foxes at night as well.

The decent grouse boys take no prisoners and know their stuff.

Some should take a step back and look at themselves before brandishing bold statements about 'keepers know feck all about digging'.

There will be far many more happy-go-lucky diggers from the town who havent a feckin scooby.

FTB

I agree with this 100% Pheasant keepers dont know much at all,on the other hand grouse keepers seem to know there stuff and keep good dogs! The keepers calls about 2 months ago,they dont get many foxes through there land but when they do the call,weather there using there terrier or ours its to control vermin and we are there together! New pheasnt keeper on the block keepes so called working terriers( I will say no more ) hes not doing anymore earth wotk theres and one terrier was delt with after killing the head keepers chickens good job as it was useless the other i hope is a pet!

Know what you mean Alli, they should know better. Gotta a call from a young lad a couple of months ago wanting jabs for his terrier having had a session with charlie. It didnt take me long to come across the earth he had dug, to my horror it was the same earth my terriers had bolts over the years, it was a right mess, holes dropped in everywhere not even backfilled an one dead exposed fox in one of them. The young man in question is on this site regularly. Take note. For god sake, if your gonna do it, do it properley, act in a proffesional manner and within the law. Needless to say that earth is now ruined, how many more?

you must live near me ,nearly every earth round me are like that, its a shame as some of them have been good over the years but totally f****d now,

same round our way aswell boys ...! sickening

WELL FELLAS ,

DUCKWING

I'll correct you mate. Most pheasant keepers arent (IMO)that hot with terriers unless they also do it for recrreational purposes.

Grouse keepers on the other hand could more than likely show some of the keyboard warriors on here a thing or two about terrierwork.

Been out saturday and sunday with some grouse keepers and dug 5 sooked vixens and cubs on the edge of the hill. Accounted for three dog foxes at night as well.

Some should take a step back and look at themselves before brandishing bold statements about 'keepers know feck all about digging'.

There will be far many more happy-go-lucky diggers from the town who havent a feckin scooby.

FTB

could not agree more bud :notworthy:

Know what you mean Alli, they should know better. Gotta a call from a young lad a couple of months ago wanting jabs for his terrier having had a session with charlie. It didnt take me long to come across the earth he had dug, to my horror it was the same earth my terriers had bolts over the years, it was a right mess, holes dropped in everywhere not even backfilled an one dead exposed fox in one of them. The young man in question is on this site regularly. Take note. For god sake, if your gonna do it, do it properley, act in a proffesional manner and within the law. Needless to say that earth is now ruined, how many more?

ye i now wat ur saying theres lot of earth ive cum across that where in a right mess and i live in doncaster .to people like that get us genuine guys a bad name.. :wallbash::wallbash:

some lads new to the sport need educated but its a worry some may try to return behind your back on the permition you have worked so hard to obtain and ruin it not only for yourself but also to the quarry that lives in it.

here here couldn,t agree more

WELL FELLAS ,

DUCKWING

FTB

could not agree more bud :notworthy:

Well said FTB u.ve made some of the best points i've read on forums on here! :clapper::clapper::clapper: