Chartpolski

Barry Crump was a very good writer, he hunted crocodiles, wild boar, and everything in between.

"A sporting chance" by D Mannix is also good - all sorts of hunting covered, including a chapter on Badger digging.

Edited by david2363

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very easy to slag off a dead man, fact is plummer love him or hate him was an intelligent man bulshitter to a point very true. But he didnt rely on overpriced dvds to present his case. Why some of the extreme cyber hunters on this site hate him so much defeats me, jealousy perhaps. :icon_eek:

hello do ya all not think its just in a name a mate of mine that only lives down the road could have had the same reputation he had some excellent dogs over the years and he could tell ya some stories.thats all plummer did and took advantage of this with going round to game fairs and stuff.at the end of the day he is just the bloke down the road who thinks he knows it all but when you ave been around for years then you should.

Good one Chalkie dont always agree to things, but pretty true , the very words the man says to me at scone palace in the ninties ill bury that man Slieght and how dare that charlatan Lloydy write about dogs.

He was a strange sort not the hunting type guys i was brought up with, very far from it,i laughe when he tried to tell me my half cross beardie was athree qaurter cross and when i mentioned were i got luke from the face went red and when i chinned him about the fiasco at the forum etc , he had had enough ,

never9 knew the man and would not speak ill of the dead if i did but read a few of his books ,tales of a rat hunting man and omege enjoyed both great reads also heard nathan is a good book so looking out for a copy of that (anyone) :whistling:

GUESS WHO HAS A FIRST EDITION BUSH SCISSORHAND ??

Very easy to slag off a dead man, fact is plummer love him or hate him was an intelligent man bulshitter to a point very true. But he didnt rely on overpriced dvds to present his case. Why some of the extreme cyber hunters on this site hate him so much defeats me, jealousy perhaps. :icon_eek:

I've said my peace on the man on the last thred about him, what I would say to you Bulcher is that Plummer was hated ( a 'strong' word, if ever there was one!) by 'some' long, long before his demise. :yes:

And why is it that anyone that sticks up for plummer is labelled sychophantic :hmm:. Love or hate the man he did have an impact on the lurcher game....some of the criticism is way over the top...I think most if not all writers even the modern day one's are prone to "artistic license"...makes sales better...after all no one wants to buy a book that goes along the lines of...went out lamping caught 4 rabbits came home went to bed :bye:

Edited by CHALKWARREN

to true ,but there some good books out there gaze hounds and coursing , the great game , Chalkies books a good read ,some others that are not to far from the truth,there not been a modern book wrote about all round hunting fishing poaching ,maybe one day there will ,

Why is it that the mere mention of plummer or hancocks name evokes the worst feelings of the lynch mob on this site, and gets you labelled as a syncophant because you voice your opinion. Its two people that were known figures in the lurcher world that were talking about, not bloody hindley and brady. Methinks i hit a raw nerve in certain quarters. :boogie:

to true ,but there some good books out there gaze hounds and coursing , the great game , chalkies books a good read ,some others that are not to far from the truth,there not been a modern book wrote about all round hunting fishing poaching ,maybe one day there will ,

Theirs not been a modern book wrote whin because poaching's still a criminal activity.But if people want to read a good horror story they can read my bank statementslaugh.gif

I'll telll you issues mate, he bummed up dogs like what the pupy peddlars do ,and a whole generaition of young lads thought he was some real hunting guy then when you found out you had been had you have issues ,look at merle all the rest of the shite but when you grow up youre book wrtier isnt the man you thought he was , it was a sales gimmick,all the dogs were merle mostly and a lot were not much cope , to this day ille not own a merle dog ,he was a feching twat , and a pure liar , and put any other writer down who were real deals or came near to show him for what he was , thats why alot who were brought up in the eighties dont like the man

ps i met muhamud ali 19 96 at wterstones book shop with girlfreind he was the man he says he was and was chuffed to bits to meet him and get his autograph,but the plummers of this world dont hold shit to most genuine sportsmen