bull blood in dogs

i have not had a bull x terrier yet but the idea of using the drive and strenght of the bull does make some sense to me if you want a dog which will "get stuck in" and hold/kill(pinned section at the top of the page :icon_eek: )

i think that most well bred terriers will do the job without "added extras",they will have their uses no doubt.

i believe the bull can be a cause for mute dogs(i prefer a dog that will make a row so i know/can hear whats going on :icon_redface: ) which will not bother some as they will be digging to the dog anyway.

as with all crosses and breeds they will be usefull(alot of terrier will have bull blood in them somehwere along the line anyway,prt for example).

atb

waidmann

exactly mate so why bother adding more..? worker to worker is the best start for any terrier so if your breeding from a working strain with bull blood in it its far more chance than breeding from a pure bull as the bulls aint what they used to be ar they? i believe you carnt beat a proper terrier these bull type things , well in my experience! arent generally good finders however some of the outcrosses i seen have been good i currently have a bitch bred this way just had her 1st season bred her myself from my two old dogs i havent dug a great deal with her as i lamp mainly but i must say what she done as impressed me problem being she assnt baid yet so lay offs every dig shes not the strongest so to be honest i wish shed bay shes also developed a knack of catching them in cover and somehow getting the upper hand just shows the heart in these little creatures seen many 50,60,70 pound plus bull x baying feckin mad regards ryeuken :yes:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3885/soloterrier003.jpg http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5359/solo010.jpg some pics of the bitch shes lakexrussel \nuttal wheeler type

Edited by Ryeuken

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

every one has the opinion that all bulls are head the balls ie loopy.could nt be further from the truth.the right line is more important.i ve dug a pure bull bitch a few times and owned bull patterdal

Posted Images

there are still good bulls out there :thumbs: look through a few of the threads

bull have rarely been dug to so have always been far and few between/my understanding of it they have been used as drawing dogs and as that is ilegal i cant see anyone putting thier hands up

bullblood has been added to terriers years ago by men a lot better then you or i can hope to be when it comes to sporting dogs so there must have been a sound reason to do the question as i see it should be would it improve those terriers about today?i cant answer that but would love to see what a few of the older terrier men have got to say about it? :thumbs: