Irish guys

just wondering after browsing through a few books last night if we have any countryside that can be compared with the habitat of the white winter hare in England.Looking at the rough heather up high on the hills of Scotland and the likes just wondering if anyone here in Ireland runs lurchers on heavy ground and how the dogs perform and what type lurcher is used.The usual type terrain Ive seen are open green fields,thought it might be different to see rough,mountainous terrain if it exsists in this country.I dont expect too many variations on this one but hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

we hunt mountain terrain once a year{only time we aloud on by park ranger}farmer keeps sheep down low on mountain but on steeper slopes there is fox burrows once a year were rang to clear out always succsessful,now walking up this is killer thick heather and slippy brown shit,but wether its the same f****r of a hare everytime :censored: we always rise one dogs dont even get a look in{even a big deerxgrey}smaller dogs have less of a chance he give a good sprint 5_six jumps and dissepears dont own gun so :censored:think i need to invest this year :clapper: but hes frickin huge biggest hare i ever did see :icon_eek:a real mover but terrain on his side too i suppose

Howye Roan,you know I did see molly and rebel a few times this year,but I was thinking of hillsides and real rough ground.Just wondering if there were ny brave souls that run their dogs on hard land.Ive seen Molly take a few hares on real testing ground this season,first X deerhound/greyhound.How they get going on it is a wonder but she can really move in that.The longer the course the better she gets into her hare.After reading the books again for the thousand time I just wondered if we had comparable land here in Ireland.I was thinking Kerry and Mayo and donegal might have some of that kind of terrain.

desert ground is punishing , and fast land the deerhound wood blow up coursing with the heat and wouldnt last , stony hard cactus, sometimes a bit hot , plenty bog land and hard walking land in scotland many a dog has had a broken leg coursing on rough terrain ,you need a sready clever dog not anything to mad ,hunted some shitty land were anything not steady would come to greif at times,up the ochill hills there some rough land , on top , peat haggs etc ,

Thanks whin and C,thats what im looking for,bloody big land there,now if you never rose a fox or anything else for that matter would ye really care,what an awesome(usa term :clapper: )sight.Whin whats a peat hagg out of interest,the peat bit I know but a hagg to me is an ugly woman,lol.