canada geese

• 1 month later...

there is still a closed season if your shooting for sport.

if your shooting them because their 'vermin' then fill your boots so to speak.

I have just been trying to sort this out with my FLO as i need to move some on, i cant get near them with shotgun, they take off and come back when I'm not there. FLO told me that they are out of season so i cant shoot them anyway, so i had to tell him he needs to go and check it out as there now on the general licence as vermin.. i spoke to SACS about it as i need to shoot with FAC. i was told that as long as i have 'vermin' and not 'ground vermin' on my ticket than i can carry on and they will back me all the way if I'm challenged for it. :thumbs:

a couple 4am starts for me i think.

I have just been trying to sort this out with my FLO as i need to move some on, i cant get near them with shotgun, they take off and come back when I'm not there. FLO told me that they are out of season so i cant shoot them anyway, so i had to tell him he needs to go and check it out as there now on the general licence as vermin.. i spoke to SACS about it as i need to shoot with FAC. i was told that as long as i have 'vermin' and not 'ground vermin' on my ticket than i can carry on and they will back me all the way if I'm challenged for it. :thumbs:

You can not shoot them willy nilly, you have to prove you have tried "ALL" scareing tactic's eg walk them off bird scarer's rocket's and if shooting is proved to be the only way Remember the are "STIL" Classed as Wildfowl so unless you use non-toxic shot (NOT LEAD) or Bullet's you will be at risk of losing both SGC and FAC ONLY TRYING TO HELP there is a lot of abuse with the Canada Goose situation and sooner rather than latter some one is going to be made a example of. If you cherrish your sgc an fac steer clear of shooting them :thumbs:

Edited by stalkerboydy

Have a good read at this General Licence information as if you get pulled by the police you will need to know your rights :thumbs:

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/shooting/general-licences.cfm

This licence very good, down load & print off,keep with sgc & FAC, if you shoot goose. Many wildlife man will kick you azz if you no have, becas police no no what to do, but wildlife man come he influence police WILL be fine you & maybe will loose licence for shoot ALL !

Thank you for link 'Harrycat' :thumbs:

Edited by clint
  • 1 month later...

I have just got some new permission with a lake on it, the farmer wants the Canada's shot and as tempting as it is, i think waiting until the season is the safer option, just to be sure.

What you think

Dave.

If goose cause disease ( he poo everywhere), damage crop, or pasture or nusance /damage to other wildlife . In this condition ,i belev is ok to shoot. Check by read licence condition by BASC.I shoot with 22 hornet or 223, goose eat many crop from field.

The_Management_of_Problems_caused_by_Canada_Geese.doc

goose licence.pdf

Edited by clint

Yeh i have checked it out with the basc and it ok as the land owner has been trying to scare them away for long enough, but the is a healthy population of Greylag in with the Canada so di i just take out a few Canada to keep the land owner happy or do i wait until the season :hmm:

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

You can not shoot them willy nilly, you have to prove you have tried "ALL" scareing tactic's eg walk them off bird scarer's rocket's and if shooting is proved to be the only way Remember the are "STIL" Classed as Wildfowl so unless you use non-toxic shot (NOT LEAD) or Bullet's you will be at risk of losing both SGC and FAC ONLY TRYING TO HELP there is a lot of abuse with the Canada Goose situation and sooner rather than latter some one is going to be made a example of. If you cherrish your sgc an fac steer clear of shooting them :thumbs:

this came up before some where and the out come was because you are not shooting them with lead shot as you are using bullets it is ok to use rifle

Guest john5

If goose cause disease ( he poo everywhere), damage crop, or pasture or nusance /damage to other wildlife . In this condition ,i belev is ok to shoot. Check by read licence condition by BASC.I shoot with 22 hornet or 223, goose eat many crop from field.

you talk a lot of poo poo you fraudster

Guest john5

waisting your time and energy telling them mate , the fooking clowns dont realise that they are killing everyones sport when the season comes round

waisting your time and energy telling them mate , the fooking clowns dont realise that they are killing everyones sport when the season comes round

needs must though sometimes..

why would you risk losing your permissions for the sake of a couple shots at canada geese, they arent sport, the migratory birds are sport...

the couple of shots at canadas that keep your farmer happy..the geese soon forget about it

needs must though sometimes..

why would you risk losing your permissions for the sake of a couple shots at canada geese, they arent sport, the migratory birds are sport...

the couple of shots at canadas that keep your farmer happy..the geese soon forget about it

So you would rather lose your SGC or FAC or both?????? You are corect Canada are "NO" sport what so ever shooting them with Rifle and or Shotguns out of season. I have for 35+year shot a area where in winter 60,000+ Geese are feeding (1) I have "NEVER" shot them out of season (2)Never with a "RIFLE" (3) "NOT" Lost my shooting (4) i am not someone who takeS paying clients out eg saving the Geese for Clients.

Needs must!!!!!!!!!!! Blood fix or Killing fix perhaps BOTH!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...