I have read alot on whippets on this site and they get alot of bad press off folk on here like they shiver they tear 2 easy .they have bad feet. no stamina. 2 light 2 small .the list goes on.

well heres my whippet no world beater but a good dog 2 1/2 years old he bushes like a terrier at times. hits the ditch on the lanp has run on stubble fields plenty of times has bags of stamina.he hit a dyke 1 nite i thought he was dead only for him 2 pop up with d rabbit in his mouth.he was probly over worked this season with me having no work and all that.and he hasnt had 1 injury yet

feel free 2 leave your thoughts and memories of these game little dogs

pics r allso welcome

ATB MC

post-32721-127048534457_thumb.jpgpost-32721-127048538641_thumb.jpgpost-32721-127048542032.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine will be 5 months old on the 16th. He's very fiery, not scared of anything and doesn't have problems with the cold or rain (was worried about this before I got him). He does tear easily though, of

yet to see a good working whippet ,for years, ive never had a dog cause i lke them i like a dog what does the work ,years a go we used to have rabbit comps there was a black whippet type looked near

When it came to the whippets vs whippet crosses debate, I was always on the side of the whippet crosses. However, since my brother bought a pure whippet a couple of years ago and is constantly regalin

Posted Images

wastage , for all round lurcher work mate but i have saw afew good whippet greyhound crosses ,better with them crossed to ge amore servicble lurcher to catch all sorts , got whippet grey in my dopogs good litle dogs mate

at the winde up but realy never saw a pure whippet i wanted to take home to work were i run , to small , but they make good pets and clean little house dogs the bigger racing dogs ie greyhound away back they are adiffrent kettle of fish ,yours sounds like a good one tho and anice dog , but not my cup of tea mate

wastage , for all round lurcher work mate but i have saw afew good whippet greyhound crosses ,better with them crossed to ge amore servicble lurcher to catch all sorts , got whippet grey in my dopogs good litle dogs mate

THIS IS NOT FOR ALLROUND LURCHER WORK ITS ABOUT WHIPPETS THAT ARE GENERALLY USED FOR RABBITING MATE. SO LETS STICK 2 THE TOPIC PLS

im talking about rabbiting , yet to see a good one compared to the old whippet grews ive had and saw , whippets are for summer hunters and rossete hunters , fireside dogs ,you no that youre self mate they are jumped up to make abit money and bred with yet to see agreat allround rabbiting dog in the pure whippet , maybe wrong

im talking about rabbiting , yet to see a good one compared to the old whippet grews ive had and saw , whippets are for summer hunters and rossete hunters , fireside dogs ,you no that youre self mate they are jumped up to make abit money and bred with yet to see agreat allround rabbiting dog in the pure whippet , maybe wrong

WHAT HAVE WHIPPET/GRETYS GOT 2 DO WITH ANYTHING MATE THIS IS ABOUT WHIPPETS IM NOT COMPARING THEM 2 OTHER BREEDS THATS A DIFFRENT KETTLE OF FISH.

AS FOR SUMMER HUNTERS AND ROSSETT HUNTERS DON DO EITHER MATE.

WILL PUT PLENTY OF PICS OFF THIS DOG NEXT SEASON WITH HIS CATCHES JUST FOR U MATE.

i've never been a whippet fan for the simple reason that i just think they look/act too fragile, however a guy near me has one and it runs with his lurcher's anything they face this whippet faces first (sheer speed). i now look at them differently and if i had the space i'd have one tomorrow. cracking little dog's

atb natter

whin mate you need to change your opinion about whippets. My whippets have taken fox, bush like terriers and are game as they come. This is a picture of her at 6 months old. i think if you came out with us, youd soon change your mind :doh:

post-17979-127048867069_thumb.jpg

whin mate you need to change your opinion about whippets. My whippets have taken fox, bush like terriers and are game as they come. This is a picture of her at 6 months old. i think if you came out with us, youd soon change your mind :doh:

thats a nise whippet mate what tts is it well built to :thumbs:

my whippet bitch millie

broke her leg in 2 places at 6 months

£2500 getting it fixed no insurance :sick:

2 months later healing well just started letting her off lead,

liver fails and have to have her pts :sick: :sick: :sick:

great little dog though ,would deffinately have another in time.

post-28858-127048890976_thumb.jpg

post-28858-127048918634.jpg