This what our Jackrabbits lok like.

We shoot jackrabbits like this for the dog to get after she loves to finish them off if there is any kick left when she get's to them. There is no limit on these jackrabbits and the season is open year round.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/sgshunter/HPIM0820.jpg

Just thought you folks might want a look at some Arizona rabbits...... SGS :gunsmilie:

Feckin hell , that's as big as a deer over here, do they bury like a rabbit or do they live above like a hare, id like to see a dog up behind 1 :thumbs:

OK I will admit it before I get in trouble that is what's called a perspective photo - I was about 10 foot behind the rabbit on the rock, with Duce so the rabbit looks much larger then it actually is! A big Jackrabbit is about 7lbs and with their ears up they hit about nee high or a little more. Here is another pic of Duce and I with a Grey Fox - Grey Fox are 1/2 the size of your Red Fox - a big Grey Fox is 12pounds maybe 15.

http://i1021.photobu...anDuceFox-1.jpg

Thanks for the reply SGS :victory:

bloody hell, those jacks still have some back legs on them

glad you sorted out how to post

nice to put a name to a face, looks nice out there :thumbs:

Yes they can run like the wind. Sometimes my .22 rifle shooting is a bit off, so it slow's the Jacks down just enough so Duce can catch them it's quite a show to see her latched on to a live one almost her size....

The Jackrabbits are technically Hares , related to our Snowshoe Hare. Most hunter's don't eat Jackrabbit - Last fall I filleted the back-straps off a big Jack and grilled them for Duce I tried a taste it was ok - not as good as a cottontail rabbit.

Thanks for the reply SGS8)

shotgun i ws in arizona just west of lordsburg coursing with amate we caught two good jacks out of three races , have you ever seen the jacks near the sonora desert , im just back from over your way new mexico , great coursing and good hospitality , you never tried coursing with running dogs good sport and ,ive cooked jack rabbits good meat had a stew with beef stock veg etc with abit chillie in the crock pot very good eating , any way need to go the big jacks are called antelope jack rabbits , my freind is in silver city a good hunting and dog man

shotgun i ws in arizona just west of lordsburg coursing with amate we caught two good jacks out of three races , have you ever seen the jacks near the sonora desert , im just back from over your way new mexico , great coursing and good hospitality , you never tried coursing with running dogs good sport and ,ive cooked jack rabbits good meat had a stew with beef stock veg etc with abit chillie in the crock pot very good eating , any way need to go the big jacks are called antelope jack rabbits , my freind is in silver city a good hunting and dog man

I don't know what you call Carp over there in the UK - we have loads of them in the rivers and lakes and nobody (except some black folk) fish for them and if they catch one by accident then they throw it back or kill it for the buzzard's the myth being they are not good eating - just a trash fish. I tried some at a get togther a black guy deep fried some Carp - it was pretty good. I believe the same myth about Jackrabbits not being edible was started by the same person.

Antelope Jacks occur above a certain elevation 5000ft--- They live on the high prairie's and are slightly taller with longer leg's they also turn partially white in the winter. The Jack in the picture was an "Antelope Jack" shot at 6000ft in August of last year - loads of them up there. They are probably better eating than the desert Jackrabbits most critters are better eating in the mountains.

The "wee dog" is a Jack Russel.... Thanks for the reply SGS 8)

I love the wee dog mate It looks a bit like my wee russel

Yes that is my Jack Russel she loves to go hunting - I see you have a Fox Pro add on your page - do you do some wildlife calling.... I use a Wildlife Technologies caller have you ever heard one? SGS