Split Tail

My whippit pup split its tail the yesterday and i just wondered if eny1 else has had the same problem or knows what to do about it, All info appreciated.

Thanks kyle . . .

how did it split its mate??

Edited by minzy

If it keeps splitting - my lurcher bitch's tail split everytime she wagged it against the wall just as it seemed to be healed - try getting a 30 or 50ml syringe case from your vets and taping it over the end of the tail (widest end, left open over tail tip - you'll have to take a hacksaw blade or something to the other (enclosed) end of the case to open it up)- seems to give it a bit of protection while it heals whilst still letting the air to it - tail bandages seem a nightmare!

a mate of mine uses something that smells of nail varnish then sprincles a black powder on it, it dries rock hard in a couple of minutes and the cut heals from the inside out and the stuff just falls off, he uses it for his hawk but also works a treat on the dogs. his name on here is mickmck pm him and ask exactly [bANNED TEXT] it is. alb mate