Long Tail Tit in Trouble :(

Bit of a job to get a decent picture today as the weather has been so bad... I dont know how this little chap is still going :no: and to top it all his mate has hurt its foot and cant balance or grip very well, they both look such a sorry sight at the moment! Doubt they stand much chance of building a decent nest and rearing a brood this year... I thought at least one of them would have gone missing by now actually.

Any way, here's that wretched tick today, 12 days on from the first time I got a shot of it...

007-1.jpg

Blimey! For a li'l fella like that, must be like having a boulder in your eye! Hopefully they'll manage somehow, but as you say, doubt they'll stand much chance. Shame. One of my faves.

there's a Chance it mite fall of when its full if the bird can stand it till then

hope so.

Poor little Bu99ers... :( I hate parasites. It's so sad but all you can do is put lots of fat and stuff out for them & hope...

Well, they were here tucking into the fat balls long after the other birds had gone to roost, just goes to show they must be struggling... I wont let they're supply run out anyway, and tomorrow I'm going to put a hanging plate out for the one that cant grip with its poorly foot.

I hope so too... They are one of only two visiting pairs so I'd miss them :(

Not to worry Tis it"ll fall off in a few more days. :yes:

Hopefully with little damage to its eye... how long do they normally last? I'm guessing its been there for about 2 weeks.

Horrible things are ticks. Going on the size of it now, it would get to about twice that before letting go on a dog. Hopefully, it will let go the bird before much longer. It often depends how good is the blood circulation to the spot it gets on.

a pair have built a nest in small bush right next to a job im doing ,i have to excavate a lot of land near it ,i will make sure they are ok , they arent scared at all i feed them everyday ,very tame ,some maggies tried to get them ,but i sorted them out (.22) :thumbs:

a pair have built a nest in small bush right next to a job im doing ,i have to excavate a lot of land near it ,i will make sure they are ok , they arent scared at all i feed them everyday ,very tame ,some maggies tried to get them ,but i sorted them out (.22) :thumbs:

:clapper: Well done - I have just baited up the larsens... ready n waiting :victory:

a pair have built a nest in small bush right next to a job im doing ,i have to excavate a lot of land near it ,i will make sure they are ok , they arent scared at all i feed them everyday ,very tame ,some maggies tried to get them ,but i sorted them out (.22) thumbs.gif

clapper.gif Well done - I have just baited up the larsens... ready n waiting victory.gif

Your doing a great job there keep it up and lets hope it works out for the little tit.thumbs.gif