wrecking crew

the fact is alot of people will slate these fellas doubling up, the people who do will drive feilds, and to me that single dog out the window is a single handed dog, but the jeep is the other dog, an also plays a HUGE part in the catching of these foxes for these single handed dogs

and most know that foxes dont hang about, feck me they can turn like a hare. yes great to use one dog, but you will get alot more with 2 fact. (walking) not in motor.??

yes i agree but the only way to test and stretch the dog is to run it single handed,, you dont make good dogs running 2 up all the time and then on its own now and then,, then class it AS A SINGLE HANDED DOG, THATS BOLLOCKS,,,just like coursing same thing,,, you have one dog working the quarry turning into the otherdog, then that works it annd turns it back into the first dogs line,,, that will not teach the dog to stick,,, overshooting on turns will always loose quarry,,running 2 up the dogs rush in to compete,, this leads to overshooting,,for the quarry we have over here in uk,, there is no need to double up,, yes to drag on young dog or get a dog to up its gear a bit to compete for quarry but not regular ,,, it doesnt make good dogs,, just run of the mill,, nothing to shout about,, and nothing to make a dvd of,

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least the lads where out there putting the work in front of the dogs,more than most bitching about it on here ??

Bill, if someone had an elephant, you'd have a bag to keep it in ffs. Cheers, D.

I think anyone who thinks these lads dogs didn't do the numbers single handed aswel havnt got a clue.these lads dogs did more in a day/nite than I'd have in a month or 2 I'd of loved to do the numbers

Posted Images

Guest DogFaceKillah

i agree stabba, they have to be capable of doing it alone, and also it is ture some dogs wont even run them without another! these dogs are not wecome in my kennels lol :thumbs:

Guest da slayer

no body can deny the fact that some dogs that will do it doubled wont look doon a beam at teeth on his todd

whereas a single handed dog will do it alone an doubled :thumbs:

spot on mate :thumbs: i like a dog that can take them single handed

but if u run 2 dogs u get more av tuck 6s 7s a number of times. :victory:

seen the dvd and its not the best but at least the lads are out doing something for sport it may not show lurcherwork in the best light but there is worse stuff out there. the lamper videos were better as he explained what he was doing and why plus he showed his dogs doing it single aswell as doubled up. that big black bitch called finn could easily do fox on her own and she did but he doubled up sometimes as its a faster catch and faster kill for the fox

Guest DogFaceKillah

the fact is alot of people will slate these fellas doubling up, the people who do will drive feilds, and to me that single dog out the window is a single handed dog, but the jeep is the other dog, an also plays a HUGE part in the catching of these foxes for these single handed dogs

and most know that foxes dont hang about, feck me they can turn like a hare. yes great to use one dog, but you will get alot more with 2 fact. (walking) not in motor.??

yes i agree but the only way to test and stretch the dog is to run it single handed,, you dont make good dogs running 2 up all the time and then on its own now and then,, then class it AS A SINGLE HANDED DOG, THATS BOLLOCKS,,,just like coursing same thing,,, you have one dog working the quarry turning into the otherdog, then that works it annd turns it back into the first dogs line,,, that will not teach the dog to stick,,, overshooting on turns will always loose quarry,,running 2 up the dogs rush in to compete,, this leads to overshooting,,for the quarry we have over here in uk,, there is no need to double up,, yes to drag on young dog or get a dog to up its gear a bit to compete for quarry but not regular ,,, it doesnt make good dogs,, just run of the mill,, nothing to shout about,, and nothing to make a dvd of,

you have valid points, but when catching numbers that these fellas do your well out of your depth, are you telling me them curs of your will do what these dogs do single handed? really pal i dont think you have an idea of what is expected on a full on night of foxing, not a walk across a coUple of stubbles in spetember maybe running a single handed dog once then home in front of fire to licks its wounds! NO! BIG DIFFERNCE,

Edited by DogFaceKillah

But when youse all see a dog for sale.. the first question is... is it single handed... what would you rather have.. a doubled up dog or a single handed dog.. i know which 1 id have.. if they aint single handed.. or more to the point.. capable of single handed foxing.. then they are second rate imo.. that goes for all quarry pre ban.. atb stabba

not gettin at u mate look at the dvd theres pups runnin with adults alot on it that can catch and kill a fox :thumbs:

But when youse all see a dog for sale.. the first question is... is it single handed... what would you rather have.. a doubled up dog or a single handed dog.. i know which 1 id have.. if they aint single handed.. or more to the point.. capable of single handed foxing.. then they are second rate imo.. that goes for all quarry pre ban.. atb stabba

not gettin at u mate look at the dvd theres pups runnin with adults alot on it that can catch and kill a fox :thumbs:

i no these lad will run for money or nothin 2 test there dogs and not 2wd up like people think :drink:

you have valid points, but when catching numbers that these fellas do your well out of your depth, are you telling me them curs of your will do what these dogs do single handed? really pal i dont think you have an idea of what is expected on a full on night of foxing, not a walk across a coUple of stubbles in spetember maybe running a single handed dog once then home in front of fire to licks its wounds! NO! BIG DIFFERNCE,

curs icon_eek.gif ,, cheecky f**k lol,,, no mate not bred for that,, the dogs were talking about are bred for the job,just as the saluki x is bred for coursing single handed,, and can do good runs multiply times on winter hares,, no they dont bite back,, but they get tested in different ways applicable to the breeds line of work,, these guys will not be getting 6 and 7 everytimt they set out at night ,,, i bet alot of the time they may see 2 or 3 foxes,, so whats the harm in runnig a dog at 3 foxes on its own,, if it carnt do it it aint worth a light as a fox dog because it aint got the minerals.. if they were having big numbers all the time there would be nothing around to run lol,, these bull breeds should hack it piece of piss,, they were used for baiting mate for hours on end with a equally strong dog,, with far worse wounds than a fox will inflict,, they would smash the f**k out of a fox half its weight 10 times in a night,,, come on they aint fecking wolf or yotes,

Guest DogFaceKillah

back to the dvd, ok these dogs could do this single handed, maybe the dvd would be better or worse i dont know, but all i know is they get out, they dont talk or type about it, they get on with it! shit dogs good dogs, blind dogs or gay dogs, they are gettin grafted!

back to the dvd, ok these dogs could do this single handed, maybe the dvd would be better or worse i dont know, but all i know is they get out, they dont talk or type about it, they get on with it! shit dogs good dogs, blind dogs or gay dogs, they are gettin grafted!

i agree with u been out with em :thumbs:

genuine question hear, So do poeple really think that by running dogs doubled, that the dogs that are doubled are less ov a dog then if it was to be used single handed?

get a grip lads, dogs are run doubled simple fact ov you wil have a higher catch rate. 2 dogs SLIPED got more chance ov catching, then a dog run solo. when 1 dog over runs a bend, thers allways a second dog that will(most ov the time) stick on the quarry. wher as if it wer running solo, it would have alot ov ground to make up by its self.

taffybull i have to dis agree with you , if you think the catch rate is better than a right dog , why keep two dog to do one dogs job, would you slip two dogs on a rabbit no reason to slip two dogs on a fox

here pup get 3 two 4 run on a fox after than solo after that good luck they do it or they don't , we might be hard on dogs here but we know what we have , i seen that dvd the first taught was shite dog alot of foxes should of being nailed in half the time tbh one or two of the dog done ok but no i would not rate them but they are happy so let them plough with donkeys as they not got horses :thumbs:

sounder

genuine question hear, So do poeple really think that by running dogs doubled, that the dogs that are doubled are less ov a dog then if it was to be used single handed?

get a grip lads, dogs are run doubled simple fact ov you wil have a higher catch rate. 2 dogs SLIPED got more chance ov catching, then a dog run solo. when 1 dog over runs a bend, thers allways a second dog that will(most ov the time) stick on the quarry. wher as if it wer running solo, it would have alot ov ground to make up by its self.

taffybull i have to dis agree with you , if you think the catch rate is better than a right dog , why keep two dog to do one dogs job, would you slip two dogs on a rabbit no reason to slip two dogs on a fox

here pup get 3 two 4 run on a fox after than solo after that good luck they do it or they don't , we might be hard on dogs here but we know what we have , i seen that dvd the first taught was shite dog alot of foxes should of being nailed in half the time tbh one or two of the dog done ok but no i would not rate them but they are happy so let them plough with donkeys as they not got horses thumbs.gif

sounder

Exactually,, but as the old saying goes one mans shite is another mans gold,, people have different standards i surpose,, let me guess they were on big open land where a collie could rap them up in a few seconds. nowhere to go fast... there f****d.

here pup get 3 two 4 run on a fox after than solo after that good luck they do it or they don't , we might be hard on dogs here but we know what we have , i seen that dvd the first taught was shite dog alot of foxes should of being nailed in half the time tbh one or two of the dog done ok but no i would not rate them but they are happy so let them plough with donkeys as they not got horses thumbs.gif

sounder

Exactually,, but as the old saying goes one mans shite is another mans gold,, people have different standards i surpose,, let me guess they were on big open land where a collie could rap them up in a few seconds. nowhere to go fast... there f****d.

it was in big fields i bet they get another few kill's with a right dog ,standards is one thing not making the grade is another , i love to see the un-edited clips :whistling:

sounder