The dog is limping terribly

My 14 month old black lab has gone lame, just called the vet and she asked if he was eating and drinking ok, which he is, he just won't put any weight on his back leg. I've had a firm feel of all his joints without a peep from him, she is going to take a look at him first thing in the morning. I hate the thought of him suffering

My 14 month old black lab has gone lame, just called the vet and she asked if he was eating and drinking ok, which he is, he just won't put any weight on his back leg. I've had a firm feel of all his joints without a peep from him, she is going to take a look at him first thing in the morning. I hate the thought of him suffering

same happened to one of my dogs ,she went over a hill after a rabbit came back limping/holding back leg up,exaimed her no pain nothing,rested for week looked ok ,took her out started limping straight away after first run ,so took her to a greyhound/horse vet exaimed her said her hip had come out quick click all done,that was 2 months ago and shes fine now.

Took my staffy bitch to the vet yesterday with the same symtoms he said it was a sprain and gave her an injection and 3 zubrin tablets to take. he said she will be fine in a few days, hope he is right, she hasnt put any weight on it in 3 days. let me know how your dog gets on cheers.

does it look to be coming from the hip area or.... is she not keen on putting her foot down....? sounds obvious but check between the pads for any debris.... lodged

small sharp little bits of stick etc....

hope you get her sorted..

Snap.

shes not putting her foot down and i checked the foot padding. also if it was something in the foot she would be licking it . she wont lie down on the side that is soar either which suggests the damage is further up the leg. hopefully the vet is right and its just a sprain but I hope the vet took into account that staffys have a very high tolerence to pain and just because she wasnt yelping doesnt mean that something more serious wasnt wrong.