is kulling unwanted kits more responsible?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This question will always polarise and cause arguments, it doesn't do us any favours.   It happens and it's happened for years, what a person does with their own stock is their own concern.   Ho

Folk are against us because we kill bunnies.I can't understand the mentality of folk who will happily kill rabbits all day long, but bleat about somebody killing a few new born hobs on welfare grounds

LOOK some do some don't simple as that, it's you who has to make the moral and ethical choice so to hell with anybodies opinion. Personally I only breed every couple of years or so just to replenish m

ok what about any other type of domestic animal , wild or not . a greyhound just didnt appear one day did it?

OK Chimp, let me put it this way, CERTAIN opinions, given the current political climate, dont bode well with THE OUTSIDERS!!!!! IMO This thread should be knocked on the head! THIS AINT HELPING OUR CASE!

Just my opinion

atb

Sam

Rabbits are vermin mate ferrets are not we as humans choose to breed the ferrets where rabbits breed them selfs but then again looking at your name

Chimp= primate = no bloody wonder.

lol oh come on is that the best you can do ? you have come on here pretty much calling anyone who is actually doing something about high numbers of ferrets a wanker lol

you see no logic once again in what your saying , some people (who work the ferts) like to keep there own line of workers thus when they breed a cull is in order so numbers are kept down and none end up in the hands of crusaders like yourself.

what are you doing about the high number of ferrets ? oh yes thats right you are just passing them on , and on top of that you are not even getting then neutered so infact making the problem 10 times worse.

you say rabbits are vermin and yes you are correct but please tell me what the difference bettween you killing a nest full of day old young and me killing a few day old ferts?

I see no wrong in haveing a litter to keep your lines going and culling what you dont want .

i think this has gone on long enuf for such a narrow minded topic , even diging dogs that dont make the grade go to pet homes and are usally nueterd , if you cant be botherd to take the time and efort to find homes for the unwanted kits well you shouldnt breed ferrets end of ,hobs have no use? how do you get kits without a hob then i would love to know ? snipped hobs to bring jills out of season? what do you do get a strap on dildo for your jills to bring each other out of season ? a good medium sizes hob will work just as well and what about flushing to gun hawk or dogs without nets which hobs get caught up in which is why most dont use them , and as for a tener a piece what are you feeding these 7 plus litters of kits steak a litter of say twelve thats 120 pounds for how many weeks of solid food or do your jills not feed them to start and you hand rear the litter :clapper::clapper::clapper: end of chat

culling has always happens and always will. be it with ferrets or dogs. it helps keep a good line going and remove excess. i see nothing wrong with it if thats what lads want to do. me personally? well i find homes for my unwanted kits before i breed, but if suitable homes could not be found i would cull. at the end of the day its up to the breeder what he feels is right to do.

i dont see how people should have a problem with it. there not your ferrets or your responsibility so why worry about it? as said earlier, there are too many ferrets in rescues as it is, and wether its people breeding for a working line or breeding to keep pets, what good does it do to hold yourself 2 kits back and send the rest to a rescue?

its all about stock management and this is a big part of it.

a day old kit will not know what happens when you knock it.

and as for killing fox cubs or nests full of rabbits, fair play they breed themselves but would you do it or would you lose your permission? i know what i would do ..............

ok what about any other type of domestic animal , wild or not . a greyhound just didnt appear one day did it?

~This topic is about ferrets not foxes or dogs, lol

lol ok , culling is culling , i understand you dont want to say much about any other animals as i admit it is going off a tangent :yes:

but i would like to ask , if you have so many ferrets go thru your hands every year surely you breeding your own stock kind of defeats what you are about ??

dont get me wrong i think there is a place for rescues but i also think there is a place for culling to keep numbers down.

lol over 20 years i had em but even then its not a match is it , now come on it obviously has hit a nerve because you cant help but come out with personal insults . tut tut lol

dogs are the same , breed the shit out by culling the crap . culling is culling

now i will carry on with my line of workers and you can carry on making the problem worse by passing on over a 100 un-neutered ferrets this year.

lets just say we both have strong opinions on this. you have no place here , go and play with your two headed ferret that you need to use both a mk1 locator and a mk3 on lol

lol

Who saidything about a two headed ferret,

I also have my own working line of ferrets, and if i breed in witch i do every 3 yrs or so to keep it going i know my line will go to my friends as i will only breed one jill if however there is not enough to go around then that is tough but my line is strong and i see the rescue as helping unwanted ferrets find a home if either they have been found or having to be surrendered due to the likes of a family break up, yes i do not neuter because the rescue simply can not aford to do this at a cost of £58 per ferret. but there are lots of people out there who are willing to take them on as pets and pay the money to have them neutered out of there own pocket.

is it so wrong to think that every animal deserves a chance in life, this is not meaning that it has to go to a working home even though it is a hunting forum,

hunting i suport the killing of unwanted bred by human animals i do not (and i am not an anti lets get that clear) as if you have excess ferrets then with time they could be found loving homes but it is down to the breeders neglect that they don't

here is your quote before you get handy with the edit button ;) so you breed a litter of ferrets for you and your friends while you have so many rescue ferts around you.

im sorry but that with you giving away un-neutered ones you are no better then the people you so hate.

i think you did say way back in this topic it would be your final word on the matter , unlike you im a man of my word and this is my final word on the matter.

have a good day

You're wasting your breath Chimp. :yes: I'd have thought anybody who deals with large numbers of unwanted ferrets would welcome the views of responsible breeders who control their own excess in a humane and respectful way instead of passing them on not caring where they'll end up..

you say rabbits are vermin and yes you are correct but please tell me what the difference bettween you killing a nest full of day old young and me killing a few day old ferts?

Rabbits are vermin and breed without any human interference.

Ferrets are bred by humans, usually deliberately. If you can't see the difference in that, then you do live up to your username.

If I don't like something, I don't do it. But have you noticed anti's, If they don't like something, they don't do it, but not satisfied with that ,they wan't to stop you doing it aswell !

My sentiments exactly, each to their own.. notworthy.gif