Wild Boar/Hog hunting

Hiya Guys,

Can anyone here recommend somewhere in the UK, Europe or elsewhere in the world where I can go hunting wild boar.

I do not want to go on a canned hunt where it is set up and you get to execute a pig at close range, I would like to go on a real hunt in real woodlands aty a reasonable cost.

Any Ideas ???

Theres a guy Ian farrington? I think that does wild boar shooting in devon- very reasonably priced and its done by moonlight so it's something a bit different. If you want his details p.m me. Or if its driven boar basswood sporting agency have a good reputation in eastern europe. If its pig sticking with dogs you're after then Australia/ New Zealand is the place!

p.s I am in no way connected with his outfit have just heard very good reports!

Hiya Guys,

Can anyone here recommend somewhere in the UK, Europe or elsewhere in the world where I can go hunting wild boar.

I do not want to go on a canned hunt where it is set up and you get to execute a pig at close range, I would like to go on a real hunt in real woodlands aty a reasonable cost.

Any Ideas ???

Hi

I am new to this site and was looking through all the topics and came across yours. I have just moved here from Pakistan and have done a lot of boar hunting there since I was a boy. Done it with abeat, with dogs and eventually on horses, shooting them with shotguns. lots of friends still do it but i gave it up some time back. I just do bird shooting now, but can arrange it. I will be going in the winter that is the best time. some english boys went with me in the 80s and 90s they had a blast . It is not a comercial thing. it is just for hunting buddies.

if interested we can talk more, or if you dont want to go but would like to know more for interest sake , you are welcome.

Azam

Hiya Guys,

Any Ideas ???

• 1 month later...

Hey go visit monteria like herdwick suggested. Guys on there from both oz and nz, good bunch of fellas be keen to take ya out for a walk and will probibly evin put ya up, anytime from now till octerish is the best time as its winter, better for the dogs and the pines are open in the north island so you can have a better range of places to hunt.

Plus if you get sick of sticking pigs you could go shoot a tahr or chamios or somthing

Cheers Chris

Germany. Plenty of pigs and they want to get rid of most of them anxiously. A friend of mine does 1 driven hunt weeked for guests each year at very reasonable cost (usually october/november) feel free to PM me if interested.

post-11641-127447810484_thumb.jpg