Kent Game & Equine Festival, Detling

I know peoples opinions differ as to the rights of what dogs should go into the ring, I personally decided to put my pup in the adult Lakeland class (she couldnt go into the pup class as she is docked) and the working class both I knew she would not place well in because she is a pup and has done next to nothing, but it put a quid in the pocket of the organisers and I was happy with that.

Fair comment..... :thumbs:

In the pup class there was a cracking 10 month black and tan dog, looked like it will be a capable animal when it matures.... never got a look-in.

In the Patterdale/fell class there was a chocolate old type Gould/Nuttle dog also slung out in favour of weaker looking dogs....

Don't mean to offend anyone

JMHO

that black and tan was a nice looking animal, nearly as nice as my russel pup that got slung out

Was yours the white lakie type with black patches about the head??? NICE dog :thumbs:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know peoples opinions differ as to the rights of what dogs should go into the ring, I personally decided to put my pup in the adult Lakeland class (she couldnt go into the pup class as she is docked) and the working class both I knew she would not place well in because she is a pup and has done next to nothing, but it put a quid in the pocket of the organisers and I was happy with that.

Fair comment..... :thumbs:

In the pup class there was a cracking 10 month black and tan dog, looked like it will be a capable animal when it matures.... never got a look-in.

In the Patterdale/fell class there was a chocolate old type Gould/Nuttle dog also slung out in favour of weaker looking dogs....

Don't mean to offend anyone

JMHO

that black and tan was a nice looking animal, nearly as nice as my russel pup that got slung out

Was yours the white lakie type with black patches about the head??? NICE dog :thumbs:

yes mate he is, thanks very much! He's nine months and coming on well, should be good and ready for next season. The judge seemed to be after something smaller, not my cup of tea!

atb loyd