Nocked up toe

Don't have to be a hard run to get a knocked toe, your dog could have done it a number of ways, though most likely it's hit a stone or the like. It's always hard to diagnose without seeing it (not that i'm a vet!) but you can take the swelling down a bit by running it gently under a tap (hose) for about 5mins, lifting the foot you may see some movement in the toe, which may suggest it's only bruised and the treatment for either.... Complete rest till it's right. Best of luck mate ;)

Don't have to be a hard run to get a knocked toe, your dog could have done it a number of ways, though most likely it's hit a stone or the like. It's always hard to diagnose without seeing it (not that i'm a vet!) but you can take the swelling down a bit by running it gently under a tap (hose) for about 5mins, lifting the foot you may see some movement in the toe, which may suggest it's only bruised and the treatment for either.... Complete rest till it's right. Best of luck mate ;)

Thanks for the advice [bANNED TEXT], will do that now, I think that may be the end of my season, i suppose at least she caught the last one she ran.

alex

like bosun said but just to add get it bandaged or taped into its correct position asap.you be suprised the amount of toes saved by doing this. :thumbs: