Mate, Im pretty sure Hardy did try to win, he was just taken down at every opportunity by the best P4P fighter in the world- nothing to be embarrassed about, and it might annoy you that the Mir fella was trying to do things to the Carwin fella but couldnt but i assure you he was trying but Carwin is a beast and powered him onto the octagon wall. Im sure if Mir could have got the Carwin fella onto the floor he would have!

Hardy is a striker,he has a very hard punch.....in his own words he only needs to connect his hand with st pierres face one time in 25 minutes and the fight will be finished ( his own words )....yet he barely threw a punch !!...he was on his feet at least 5 times in the fight but refused to commit himself and throw hard punches...thats not trying to win.

Frank Mir in recent years has hardly submitted anyone....he proved even with someone of lesnars size and strength that he can beat them by doing what he does best.....yet insists on standing trading punches with people instead of sticking to doing what he does best...i dont believe theres many heavyweights who can compete with Mir on the floor but theres plenty who can outpunch him so why he doesnt play to his strengths i dont know.

Edited by gnasher16

I agree gnash mir almost seemed to stand there and wait to get to get hit thinking he was fine.Its the very reason why i think GSP is so good because he knew hed come off worse in the stand up with hardy so .....didnt.He made hardy fight his fight.Mir just stood there didnt force his oppenent to his strengths.

I think if mi flys across the ring and take silva down first time and manages to stay there he WILL finish the fight but i think if he stands there for a matter of seconds he will loose end of.

On a different note theres a lot of new blood in the uf at the mo thats hear a few dream match ups ?

Dos santos vs velasues

griffin vs rampage 2

mia vs henderson

henderson vs silva 2

all the best

s

any more anyone can think of ?

I agree gnash mir almost seemed to stand there and wait to get to get hit thinking he was fine.Its the very reason why i think GSP is so good because he knew hed come off worse in the stand up with hardy so .....didnt.He made hardy fight his fight.Mir just stood there didnt force his oppenent to his strengths.

I think if mi flys across the ring and take silva down first time and manages to stay there he WILL finish the fight but i think if he stands there for a matter of seconds he will loose end of.

On a different note theres a lot of new blood in the uf at the mo thats hear a few dream match ups ?

Dos santos vs velasues

griffin vs rampage 2

mia vs henderson

henderson vs silva 2

all the best

s

any more anyone can think of ?

Henderson has left the UFC and Rampage is fighting evans next.

Bones jone v winner of lyoto/shogun, I reckon thats the next big fight from new blood.