I HAVE BEEN TRAPPING FOXES USING HOME MADE CAGES FOR BOUT 15YYEARS AND OVER THE LAST 3-4 SEASONS I HAVE SEEN A MASS INCREASE IN BUZZARDS AND THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE ARSE I,M ALWAYS TRAPPING THEM.I,VE TRIED COVERING THE TRAP UP HIDING THE BAIT THERES NOTHING SEEMS TO DETERE THEM.ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS YOU CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE MUCH APPRIATED.TRAPMAN :thumbs:

if cage is open all day its going to happen,i also use live catch traps but only rig the doors at dusk the buzzards are less likely to enter when its getting dark.if there is no fox in the morning i will close traps again until dusk,hope this helps.

atb sneeeky

try makeing two eyes at the back of the cage so as the buzz look in they look back , i made mine out of white plastic from a 25 litre drum with a felt marker to make the eyes it does not stop all of them but stops large numbers a.t.b. oggy

As has been already mentioned...........only set them in the catch position at dusk when hopefully the buzzards will have gone to roost but be aware they will be about just before first light. I cage trap a lot of foxes and where i can i like to place my baits underneath the cage in a scrape in the ground behind the treadle plate............if you are using the pull wire trigger system then this is not an option.

Rolfe.

• 1 month later...

Try hanging a disk off a pole so it can twist in the air, this is used by keepers to deter the BOP from going for the poults in the pens. Very effective method believe it or not. Then again you might get some nob on here that says it isn't!

• 1 month later...

Will try get a pic up . They wudnt be easy to make tho . They are quiet difficult to set but catch in 1st night or 2 .

READ SOME REVIEWS ON THIS SNARE AND A VID CATCHING LOOKS LIKE SET RIGHT CAN DO THE JOB, YA RIGHT MATE WOULD BE HARD TO PUT ONE TOGETHER :no: REGARDS DABBER

Had 5 in the collarum trap last winter . Good idea and work well

NOT CHEAP THO WOULDNT MIND HANDLING ONE FOR VIEW ON MAKING SIMALAR NOT LOTA REPLIES CAN YOU LEND ME YOURS LOL DABBER

collarum £85

Good fox trap £100-150

we've have plenty of good results on them, just need to be set up right.

atb TF

NOT CHEAP THO WOULDNT MIND HANDLING ONE FOR VIEW ON MAKING SIMALAR NOT LOTA REPLIES CAN YOU LEND ME YOURS LOL DABBER

collarum £85

Good fox trap £100-150

atb TF

COLLURUM FOR £85 WHAT SITE REGARDS DABBER

collarum £85

Good fox trap £100-150

atb TF

COLLURUM FOR £85 WHAT SITE REGARDS DABBER

i saw protrapper at one of the shows and had a deal with him.

ATB TF

• 2 weeks later...