the fastest whippet in the country ????

some of you lads just dont get it do you :doh: :doh: :doh: are you telling me that a fast pure saluki is as fast off the mark as a well bred 1st x saluki x hardblood grew, hybrid, for rabbits ?? over short daytime runs,then out lamping at night, and who said i want another saluki or a match dog ????? i dont thanks, in my opinion if your breeding a lurcher you should do it taking into consideration,(not in any particular order) 1 the quarry you are hunting

2 the type of land and conditions you will be hunting on most of the time, 3 using the right proven parents, which can hopefully both, contribute the requirements you are looking for,

plus that whats better than having a couple of decent little dogs that you can be proud to say that you have bred yourself,

i tell you what,, you do it your way, and i will do it mine,

its the right path to follow cocker dont be swayed ,seen this cross on a few occasions only difference the salukis were prob not has good has that bitch they will accomodate each other size wise wont make any diff erence ,,put me down for one atb bunnys.

cocker

• Like 1

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

i have non ped whippet blood in my bullx lurchers at minute

a 32lb dog called SAM THE MAN :thumbs:

I seem to remember Sam the Man the coursing Greyhound, but can't place a Whippet of that name. How was he bred ?

Cheers.sam the man sure he was the sire to sleightys gem the collie kelpie might be wrong mmm,32ib doghe was .atb bunnys.

Theirs a lad who is very big on the racing scene from chesterfield way who has some good types of this dog and hes been at it a long time i think he used to rum the nlrc at one bit.

this would be jc with sugar fire 23inch 36pound three quarter bwhipp on quarter grey open class i think both bends and straights won numerious opens and also a good producerstrong powerfull dog .atb bunnys.

Getting back on subject; If you put a top class Non-Ped Whippet to a class Saluki bitch; you would be hoping the prodgeny would have the best atributes of both breeds ? The out and out speed of the sire, and the staying power of the dam, but unfourtunately it doesn't normaly work that way, you could end up with a pup that was slow off the mark and no "wind" !! It wouldn't stop me trying it, though; and a cross between a top class Non-Ped and a Saluki is one I would be interested in owning ! Best of luck if you do it !!

Cheers.

i agree, when i breed mine i will keep the lot until i got the best,you r right but whats the chance having whole litter come out slow with no wind? mines a fast nippy type sal at mo anyways.good jumper, good sight, beautiful to look at, jst pig ignorant.lol. spiteful too.

I was only giving a "worst case scenerio", it's just as possible to have a litter of world beaters, a litter of average dogs, a shit litter, or a mix of good and bad. But we breed Lurchers hoping for the tenacity of the Bull, the speed of the Grey, the wind of the saluki, the early pace of the Whippet, etc. !! If the perfect Lurcher has been bred.... I haven't seen it, but I'm still looking !!

Cheers.

BRAINS & NOSE OF THE COLLIE WOULD BE NICE AS WELL C/P ????& A DECENT COAT?

but then we would have whinshaws hope one sees the funny side of this coment ha ha ha atb bunnys

One of the most prolific sires in the Non-Ped world from many years ago was a dog called "Bilko"; most of the top Non-Peds of today can trace this dog in their ancestry. I remember the owner saying his one regret was never putting Bilko over a pure Saluki. If you use a top Non-Ped over your saluki now, I'm sure the pups will do the business, but then again, I've a soft spot for Whippets AND Salukis !

As for using a "Supreme Racing Champion" as your stud; most Supr.Rch's will be in the 24 - 26lb range, and will not be any where near as fast as the "big boys" of the Non-Ped scene, the 36lb, 40lb and No-Limit Scratch Champions. There is a very good dog, which I think may be at stud now, called Deneside Belle, it's a half cross, but has won many Scratch Championships. Good luck !

Cheers.

i agree with u :thumbs: ,,,,also one off the tallest 1/2 crosses ive seen,,, :thumbs: also bloody fast dog,,,,,straight or bend,s :thumbs:

picture from scottish derby 10 days,,,,,2009 :thumbs:

PIC3-16.jpg

Nice!! i like & a 1st cross ,any one know what height & weight this dog
  • Like 1

fine stamp of a dog have you ever ran him at greyhound tracks the brother to my greyound whippet was ran at the track he one distance races wild boy was his name bred some good running dogs of my greyhound whippet ,

I had a fiver on wildboy at highgate [bANNED TEXT] he raced against greyhounds and won.

had the sister dell bred her to a very good saluk type pups are spot on would repeat it ,but guys not keen whith gave her to a pet home a freind of daves , she lasted three seasons with me a fine animal , wouldnt mind another wild boy died , the mother to wild boy one races at 1200 yards , the bitch i had could stay never blew her up even when ran hard clever bitch but feet wasnt suited to land i hunt but great sport

im abugger for taking things for granted should had kept her localasthe whole litter are good only had three but all good ,at there game , aske ddave if there any other dogs of that breeding etc boy blue to the blond greyhound she was more like asaluk cross but was pure grey , never saw a bitch pure that could stay like that ,used to run my bitch on big land and she never blew up , got some nice pics of her