visla x springer

IMHO i think they would make good falconry dogs in the right hands why people frown on different gundog crosses is beyond me it must be that purebreed snobbery that seems the norm.I dare say the brittany spaniel with its strong pointing instinct was formed out of a flushing and pointing dog bred together.atb dell

IMHO i think they would make good falconry dogs in the right hands why people frown on different gundog crosses is beyond me it must be that purebreed snobbery that seems the norm.I dare say the brittany spaniel with its strong pointing instinct was formed out of a flushing and pointing dog bred together.atb dell

cheers poacher, all i wanted was info on the x as my mate has brought a top class vizsla in from Europe and has offered it if i want a stud, i was going to breed my bitch at its next break anyway as shes 5 and i want a pup from her for myself and want rid of anything that's left quit quick at the end of the day I'm not standing at a peg posing, if you don't have the info I'm looking for don't post any b......te.

i don't know enough about x breeding but i do think some thought should go into it.. But is there a market for this type of x is'nt one of them.

:censored::censored:

dont cross bread a springer mate. there is enought cross breads out there

i have a field trial ch springer lined up for my bitch, i was only looking for info on the cross and what they can do in the field, as i Sade i have been offerd a vizsla stud if i want it, sum lads seam to think I'm committing a crime, :censored:

Go ahead and breed them feck wat everybody else thinks i own springers and have seen vizlas work with hawks and the result of a cross between the two would imho produce usefull hawking and rough shooting dogs especialy on moorland how do people think were most of our different gundogs originated from springers were bred from setters and the musterlaunder is only like a spaniel pointer typethumbs.gif

Far from a crime (plus it would seem that if you are anti hunting you can get away with murder anyway!)

I cant quite see where this benefit Poacher is talking about will come from.

What will the cross do better than a straight one of either. Wont point as well as a Vizula or hit cover as well as a spaniel.

In you are looking for something a bit wider ranging go for the Vizula, or i could put you in touch with some spaniels that seem to liek taking in a lot of ground (never in control)

Not saying dont do it but am saying that i dont quite see why. Personally i would go with the Spaniel Stud.

Far from a crime (plus it would seem that if you are anti hunting you can get away with murder anyway!)

I cant quite see where this benefit Poacher is talking about will come from.

What will the cross do better than a straight one of either. Wont point as well as a Vizula or hit cover as well as a spaniel.

In you are looking for something a bit wider ranging go for the Vizula, or i could put you in touch with some spaniels that seem to liek taking in a lot of ground (never in control)

Not saying dont do it but am saying that i dont quite see why. Personally i would go with the Spaniel Stud.

Well thats some thing none of us know until their bred and worked??

The advantages of cross breeding are longevity, hybrid vigour and improved health. Fair play to you for being responsible enough to think about finding homes for surplus pups. I have worked pure GSPs, Pointers and English Setters but my favourite was an accidentally bred cross between an English Setter and a GSP. I have seen a lot of Viszlas field trial and in my opinion their advantage is that they are more biddable and easily controlled than some other HPRs. The ones I have seen tended not be as hard driven as GSPs, they were calmer and were soft mouthed and didn't range as wide. The Wirehaired Viszla stems from crossing GWPs and Viszlas and although I've not seen one work, I've heard good reports. Cross breeding is not a crime.

cheers lads, the lad hoo has the vizslas bread this x a few years back for a keeper and the keeper thought they were firs class so if a good keeper cant fault them :hmm: