• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think its due to the fact that newcomers who dont know alot about hunting belive hunting dogs need to be agressive to get the job done plus they look the part!! if i had a bullx or a colliex put inf

jimmy some ive saw never had alot of running wind and some had bad feet for hard stubbly land , you must be lucky mate to have good running wind

cheers mate but you say SOME didnt so that must mean SOME did? obviously they cant run against a saluki or deerhound cross but i see no reason why a collie or bedo cross should have anymore than a well bred bull cross off a good working line of bulls. as for feet touch wood she hasnt got injured that way but ive ran other crosses on the same ground and they have injured feet even had a saluki cross break a toe on a golf course so hard for me to say on that whin but i see where your coming from :thumbs:

Edited by jimmy100

i think its due to the fact that newcomers who dont know alot about hunting belive hunting dogs need to be agressive to get the job done plus they look the part!! if i had a bullx or a colliex put infont of me when i first came into the sport i would have chosen the beastly looking dog purly because they look good!!

i dont know any bull xz down my way that have caught regular decent bags of rabbits but truth be told thats not what there bred for are they!

i think there just as good as any other breed but no better they look the part and it dont take much to make them look in shape due to the structure of the breeding. im not a great fan of the typical first or 3/8 5/8 bull xs think there alot better at there job when crossed to another hybrid. my books its the same as the chavs with there staffs in council estates just trying to make a statement. not saying thats every one on here but thats just what ive noticed. so hope no body takes offence atb jamie

How many bull x you seen run then?

enough and never went out again with people who owned them. tonight is my first night in ages ive been with a bull x. they deff do look the part but most ive come accross havnt been the best. but i havnt by far seen them all so only can comment on what i have seen. atb jamie

bull cross have got as mutch stamina as any cross on rabbits and are well capable of high scores

:whistling:

out of interest how many rabbits anight does dog have to catch a night to be classed as haveing stamina

bull dont have stamina it just gives more jaw power and more balls any bull ive been with the lads say they run all night and after 10 bunnies they are ready for home and ive seen a few :whistling:

scoty, let me tel you , bamba had a pit x grey , genuim first cross, this bitch would never stop running, we were getting big bags with this bitch 20 year ago :yes: and is to this day still the most prolific rabbit catcher for pure staminar i have seen :yes:

when it was 11 and half it still cought 38 rabbits one night , after he had been working away for months and it was unfit.

bull cross have got as mutch stamina as any cross on rabbits and are well capable of high scores

:whistling:

out of interest how many rabbits anight does dog have to catch a night to be classed as haveing stamina

bull dont have stamina it just gives more jaw power and more balls any bull ive been with the lads say they run all night and after 10 bunnies they are ready for home and ive seen a few :whistling:

not seen the right ones then mate , bam lad you,ve been at them long enough to know more than 99.9% of this lot .......

scoty, let me tel you , bamba had a pit x grey , genuim first cross, this bitch would never stop running, we were getting big bags with this bitch 20 year ago :yes: and is to this day still the most prolific rabbit catcher for pure staminar i have seen :yes:

when it was 11 and half it still cought 38 rabbits one night , after he had been working away for months and it was unfit.

bang on the money tomo,bamba doesnt spurt shite..

yeh he does rock :clapper:

but serrously Darkie was a hell of a bitch about 22 inch 50lbs . honestly we could never tire the bitch out. we would do 50-70 twice a week in the dales with her and my bitch, Darkie was always 10 in front of my old bitch lol

yeh he does rock :clapper:

but serrously Darkie was a hell of a bitch about 22 inch 50lbs . honestly we could never tire the bitch out. we would do 50-70 twice a week in the dales with her and my bitch, Darkie was always 10 in front of my old bitch lol

lol :laugh:

tomo ive heard all about them days wish id have been there

twenty years ago in the borders we werre all getting big bags of rabbits so much so they started making vidoes of it , but serously ive only saw afew decent bull crosses were i have saw alot more saluks and collie crosses with more wind ,for running big land ,maybe the bull crosses now are to heavy never fit enough to be graded as dogs with good wind , i no aguy who had alite one he bred it his self it could run and lamp well so he told me , but ingeneral to much heavy muscle doesntvlend to lots of stamina at times

twenty years ago in the borders we werre all getting big bags of rabbits so much so they started making vidoes of it , but serously ive only saw afew decent bull crosses were i have saw alot more saluks and collie crosses with more wind ,for running big land ,maybe the bull crosses now are to heavy never fit enough to be graded as dogs with good wind , i no aguy who had alite one he bred it his self it could run and lamp well so he told me , but ingeneral to much heavy muscle doesntvlend to lots of stamina at times

What about bullxgreyx salukixgrey, whats there wind like +prey drive whin ??

bullx dont have stamina or cant run big fealds your having a laugh. yes if you take them out and give them 3 slips a week out the back of a moter. then no they wont have any stamina same as any cross. i work my bullx on all quary and she dose well on all. she has been out may times and had big bags of rabbits(and the rabbits are hard caught up my way)she has also had a good few daytime long ears. ive also ran her against collie and bedlington crosses and after the 1st 3 slips they didant have a chance. they also would not run an lots of rabbits witch were on the edge or far out witch my bitch went a caught. at the end of the day we pick the slips not the dog so if a dog is refusing to run on rabbits i think it will catch but it thinks it wont catch then it is no good to me. my bitch will run on any thing i slip her on no matter how far away or close to the edge or how big or small if i say get on she gets on and this is why i love the bullx. also she will run all night till i cant walk any more or the battory runs out.

so YES i would say the bullx can make a good all rounder in the right hands. :gunsmilie::tongue2::boxing: