• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

crufts puh probably some inbred crossbred hock jawed mut that they class as pure breed sorry not interested in show pony dogs think they should go back to roots and look for the old line / style of do

The Kennel Club and it's flagship show are on their last legs, the world has caught on to their nasty little game.

The main sponsor (Pedigree petfoods) has pulled the plug, and the BBC has abandoned the whole charade.

Most of the people who support this charade, are no friends of the faithful dog, and are on the whole THE ENEMY of working breeds.

"Fit for purpose?" just take a look at the Lakeland or Bedlington entry - fit to stand on a table and be preened and coiffed by some ill informed old dear.

the kc arent all bad mate, and ive shown dogs for years

I have alaskan malamutes who i show, work in harness racing and do wieght pulling comps. Ive put my bitch against a 100 pound american bulldog and my girl has always beat them down flat when it comes to working :)

No offence mate, but I'm talking about real working dogs, dogs that were bred to put their head in where it hurts.

The definition of a working dog i`de say would vary from person to person, or a more " Common Sense" way to look at it would be, if a dog does a job for it`s owner then it`s a working dog....

What about the dog that's just come back from a tour of Afghanistan sniffing out bombs, is that not a working dog....????

Mars.....

some of the dogs they show are a disgrace ,germen shepards with their hips in a right mess,ridgebacks with no ridge :icon_eek:

It was my understanding that ridgebacks with a ridge was a fault which was bred for, and the pups that didnt show it were culled :icon_eek:

some of the dogs they show are a disgrace ,germen shepards with their hips in a right mess,ridgebacks with no ridge :icon_eek:

It was my understanding that ridgebacks with a ridge was a fault which was bred for, and the pups that didnt show it were culled :icon_eek:

It was. Until they made that documentary and people said that it was cruel to cull dogs just because they didn't have the ridge so now all breed clubs have it in their code of conduct to not cull pups without ridge.

if the kc brought in some sort of working trial like a dog has to be able to fulfil its function to be entered for the show maybe 50% on the show side 50% on the working side i would support that for example terriers could do trials in man made tunnels,scent hounds could follow a trail,sight hounds course etc i'd support that but the way it is the kc just damages some breeds (and completely destroys others)

i went last yeah to get some front line etc as i was in the

area , went to the terriers the was an all black ped lakeland

asked the fella said it was from germany were the fella worked them

hmm.gifa

i went last year saw chapman suit 2 sizes to big old suade boots a dickie bow and a lapel full of hunt badges .. i asked him why after all he`d said and written had he turned to kc answer was simple £££££££££s its my pension boyo ...no.gif

Did anyone go? I'm just back after 3 days. There were many other things there as well as breed showing and many crossbreed type dogs. There was guide dogs for the blind, hearing dogs for the deaf, rescue dogs from Battersea home who worked for customs and military sniffing bombs and drugs, mountain rescue dogs,assistance dogs for the disabled, lots of healthy dogs in the obedience and agility rings, demonstrations by gundogs, children training their dogs for activities. Also good offers on things like wormers etc. There really is so much more there than people prancing round with 'show ponies'. I thought it was worth seeing.

the KC is only a register,they dont breed any dogs :thumbs: they dont make breed standards the breed clubs do for each individual breed :thumbs: they do organise Crufts and other canine society's hold their own shows throughout the year where winning dogs qualify for Crufts (but these shows dont get highlighted the way Crufts does)

Y.I.S Leeview

Guest ROUGH COATED

THE PLACE NEED'S FILLING WITH PETROL WITH THE OWNER'S AND BURNING TO THE GROUND diablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

why is that

Because there all a bunch of tosser's :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: skipping round a ring praising deformed bag's of SHITE.

A whippet dog i bred won 2 classes today, limit and the racing/coursing class

You Might have Bred it from the Dam You have to give all credit to the owner i would have felt more appropriate!!!

For those who doubt that these Show Ponies dont work

Have a Look a Badger from the Whippet Limit and r + c class winner! :thumbs:

The Two Ladies came up for a few Days T with Badger and Foxyjo with Lucy

so you can put to bed the just SHOW PONIES milarky!!

Lady Days and Whippety Ways

:thumbs: