Starting a clay pigeon shoot on my farm

Hi all,

I have a farm on the scots highlands and my brother and I, who are both shotgun certificate holders, have always been keen shooters. However we are considering using a piece of land to open to the public on Saturdays by supplying traps/shotguns etc. As it will be ideally catering towards all the public (i.e. novices) what certificates do we need? We spoke to the local firearms dept they only advised permission from the chief constable. The insurance folk want safety certificates. My brother is a gamekeeper and goes stalking with the guests (so he has full knowledge of safety etc). However, do we both need safety training? Is it required?

Basically, what pieces of "paper" do we need?

Thanks all

go to the CPSA (google it) website and you'd need Safety officers. Dont think it'd be too bad to have one of you as an "instructor" qualified via the CPSA. other then that im sure you need a certain certificate off plod so that you can have non SGC's holders to perchase cartridges to be uses on the range.

feel free to correct me if im wrong, hope this helps. but im sure thts what i heard along the grape vine! :thumbs: