What is this?

:11: Definately not. But they would have been big snails. The black stuff looks a bit like fish roe?? The white when i saw it yesterday i thought it was some kind of intestinal worm, it is scatterd on the grass aswell, but it does'nt today :hmm:

The dogs were not interested so it didnt smell of intestines?

MOLL.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Sorry, folks; Pup bit clean through my modem cable and blew it up. I'm now completely sans net, at home. Grab a bit in this library as and when I can :(

Moll; I suspect the fact that it's on a deer or sheep trail gives us a clue. No? Personally, my money too is with some intestinal nemetode. Man to ask is ye local farmer. Have the sheep just been treated?

Be fasinated to find out for myself as I'm only making a considered stab at it. Never seen anything like it myself before ..... except that the 'roe' looks like blackberries in bird or animal shit. But I don't believe it is as, in the first shot, it appears to be issuing from a white one.

May have sussed it :unsure:

Do frogs/toads carry eggs all year round?

Found more nearby on a dead tree frequently used by a bird of prey to eat its catch, ive found rabbit fur etc on it recently. The black stuff is definately eggs, and perhaps the white is the goo normally surrounding frog spawn and this is how it would look inside a frog???

MOLL.

I've seen it loads of times, I regularly walk the marsh near to where I live and have being seeing this for years, I think :blink: I was once told it's something to do with herons regurgitating what can't be digested :blink: or possibly the buzzard's. Which possibly could fit it with Molly finding it near a feeding post.

I took some pics on Friday night but most were blurred, see if I can get some this week..

I've seen similar under a heronry, in the early spring. Also on the moor, where Grey Crows had been feeding. I'd certainly be in favour of Heron/Crow/Buzzard catching and eating frogs in the area.

Zek.